From addresses vs. Reply-to addresses

SOLVED
Go to solution
JBZoo
Rookie

I have my email campaigns set up as follows:

"from" address is a general " " and the "reply-to" is my personal, so not everyone in my department gets the replies. However, automated out-of-office replies go to everyone in my department, so every time an email is sent (to 60k+ people) all of the auto replies are going into all of our inboxes. It would make sense for them to go to the reply-to address (my own). Not sure if I'm missing something or if this is a flaw in the algorithm, but It doesn't appear to me that I can change this without changing the "from" address to my own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JBZoo ,

Unfortunately, due to how most email programs work, they overwrite the reply-to and simply respond back to the sending address. This is something that only the devs of such email programs and auto-reply systems can change.

The only thing I can suggest is making your sending address something that won't act as a distribution list for your organization. Or, you can change how your current from address functions, though this would obviously be more complex and more of a last-ditch effort kind of thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JBZoo ,

Unfortunately, due to how most email programs work, they overwrite the reply-to and simply respond back to the sending address. This is something that only the devs of such email programs and auto-reply systems can change.

The only thing I can suggest is making your sending address something that won't act as a distribution list for your organization. Or, you can change how your current from address functions, though this would obviously be more complex and more of a last-ditch effort kind of thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 04
Unlocking Growth for Franchise & Multi-Location Organizations
1PM - 2PM EST
SEP 04
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 2:30PM EST