Getting Increased Survey Responses

SOLVED
Go to solution
JuleC
Rookie
0 Votes

We have been using the constant contact survey feature for trainings. We have noticed a high rate of people who begin the survey, but never submit it. I suspect it is because the statement under the submit button. "If you just opted in, you're consenting to receive marketing emails from: Pathways To Growth, 10632 Ashford Oaks Dr, Tampa, FL 33625. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact" We are not asking our survey participants to "opt in" and we want them to be able to complete their survey anonymously. Is that possible? Can that statement be removed or do we need to find another option to survey our trainees without forcing them into a subscription. I chatted with customer support and they said nothing can be done. I know it's possible if someone wants to help. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Verbiage like this is applied across any tools in our system in one way or another. Emails, landing pages, sign up forms, etc. This is done to comply with anti-spam and data privacy laws domestic and abroad, so it's a mix of compliance and technical elements. 

I know our devs are exploring how much freedom can be allowed with this verbiage editing, while still making sure all of our bases are covered for these legal elements - as failure to comply can impact our business and our customers. Beyond this, our support teams don't really have any further insight we can provide on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JuleC ,

At this time, the survey pages will have that legal verbiage. It cannot be changed nor removed, even if you don't intend to email your survey respondents afterwards. 

William A
JuleC
Rookie
0 Votes

Just curious... do you know why?

There isn't a question asking if the person completing the survey wants to "opt in" to emails from our organization. I'm not understanding how this legal verbiage is protecting your organization. This prevents us from being able to collect adequate feedback. Can you help me understand?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Verbiage like this is applied across any tools in our system in one way or another. Emails, landing pages, sign up forms, etc. This is done to comply with anti-spam and data privacy laws domestic and abroad, so it's a mix of compliance and technical elements. 

I know our devs are exploring how much freedom can be allowed with this verbiage editing, while still making sure all of our bases are covered for these legal elements - as failure to comply can impact our business and our customers. Beyond this, our support teams don't really have any further insight we can provide on it.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST