Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

How do I generate leads as a small business?

DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

When it comes to boosting leads for your small business, there is a whole array of marketing tools you can leverage such as email campaigns, pay-per-click ads, search engine optimization (SEO) on your website, and website lead capture tools. Relying on one or two of these will produce results, however, when they are all integrated, they work in harmony to generate more leads than relying on just one or two of these tools.

Here's how each of these tools work to drive more leads:

• Email marketing: Email marketing is essential for long-term business growth and customer retention. Make sure your emails consistently provide valuable and interesting content to your audience. This will increase the likelihood of converting subscribers into qualified leads. One strategy is to separate your list to identify those subscribers who are not yet customers. Send them a personalized email highlighting why they should work with you and encourage them by offering them a discount or a promotion. For new subscribers to your list, nurture them with an automated email series that presents the benefits and value of your business. Always include call-to-actions to contact you in your emails. Learn why email marketing is so important for your business growth here

• PPC advertising: Promote your brand and website by using pay-per-click campaigns on Google Ads, Bing Ads, and social media together with a call-to-action to contact your business or submit a form. Each of these platforms offer multiple types of campaigns to test different methods of capturing leads, such as click-to-call ads or lead form ads. Here is more information on the variety of digital ads you can consider. https://solutionsforgrowthllc.com/pay-per-click-ppc-programs-for-small-businesses/

• Search engine optimization (SEO): Ensuring your website boasts a robust SEO strategy increases organic traffic at the time when potential customers are most interested in your offerings. These visitors, with a higher conversion rate, are most likely to become leads for your business. Here is a case study about how we grew our client’s dental practice by utilizing search engine optimization. https://solutionsforgrowthllc.com/blog/case-studies/pediatric-dental-associates/

• Website tools: Get more email newsletter subscribers with an email capture pop-up on your website. Offering an incentive such as a free guide or promo code can entice more website visitors to sign up for your email list. Use a call scheduling app on your website for visitors to quickly and easily schedule a call with you. Implement a live chat app on your website to get more website visitors in conversation with you and drive them to schedule a call or submit their contact information.

I hope these suggestions are useful to you. Do you have tips to share with the Community on how you generate leads for your business?

Need to know more? Contact me, I am always happy to help.

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris-S
Administrator

Great short video. Thanks for including @DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth!

Exciting news! Announcing our latest offering, Campaign Builder. Create stunning email campaigns effortlessly and efficiently with our intuitive tool!

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Great ideas! I assist with a nonprofit and while it was a struggle to get them to accept we needed to spend money to make people aware of our events, it paid off. We host a weeklong event in March every year and this year, we had multiple people tell us they found out about our events through Facebook ads and they didn't know they existed!

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Nick_S
Administrator

Great article and video, David. Thank you for sharing.

I think SEO is a valuable tool that often gets overlooked. Of course, major platforms like Google don't necessarily always advertise exactly what the search algorithm prioritizes and it gets changed all the time. Instead of just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks, go to your search platform of choice (and maybe even compare/contrast multiple search platforms) and think about how YOU would search for what you're hoping people search for. You can think of the obvious keywords and maybe the not-so obvious keywords. You can also think about how people might be thinking of what they're looking for and typing in the wrong thing (like a misspelled word). Review the search results that appear near the top of the page (after the sponsored results) and make note of what type of webpage appears. Is it the front-of-site for a company? Is it their community message board? Is it a blog? This can guide you towards understanding what people are looking for and how the search engine prioritizes certain types of pages depending on the search parameters.

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 06
Maximize Your Marketing Impact with Vimeo & Constant Contact
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jun 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
Jul 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST