Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Instagram Link

SOLVED
Go to solution
GuyKatiO
Rookie
0 Votes

I can post my latest email to Instagram, but it doesn't open to the email... just a picture wit the link appears, but can't open. How do I fix that? Also, how do I post me email to business Facebook page?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GuyKatiO ,

Instagram's default functionality does not allow URLs to become links in post descriptions. The only place for a URL to be linkable is in an Instagram page's bio.

When setting up a social share of your email, I'd strongly suggest making a variation for the Instagram version. Maybe an image or two, with a basic rundown of what was in your email, then direct them to click the link in your bio or otherwise connect with you in a way to be able to see the email.

If you have your Facebook business page connected, it'll be an option for when you share your email or create a new social post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GuyKatiO ,

Instagram's default functionality does not allow URLs to become links in post descriptions. The only place for a URL to be linkable is in an Instagram page's bio.

When setting up a social share of your email, I'd strongly suggest making a variation for the Instagram version. Maybe an image or two, with a basic rundown of what was in your email, then direct them to click the link in your bio or otherwise connect with you in a way to be able to see the email.

If you have your Facebook business page connected, it'll be an option for when you share your email or create a new social post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (74%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST