Lacking a two way sync between Constant Contact and Salesforce how do I update my Salesforce?

SOLVED
Go to solution
InternationalPartners
Rookie
0 Votes
We have email addresses that have bounced and would like to maintain that information in Salesforce. We have new contacts in Salesforce that we would like to add to CTCT. Without a two-way street how can we make that happen? Thanks...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @InternationalPartners ,

I'd advise setting up your Salesforce to have a special list / folder for contacts that have bounced. This way, when you export the bounced report from an email to import into your Salesforce, you will be able to have those contacts explicitly marked as such on that side. As far as syncing contacts over from Salesforce, you can just export from SF and import into your CTCT account, or use the SF integration (if you have an applicable SF plan).

See also:

Formatting contact files for import

Managing bounces

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @InternationalPartners ,

I'd advise setting up your Salesforce to have a special list / folder for contacts that have bounced. This way, when you export the bounced report from an email to import into your Salesforce, you will be able to have those contacts explicitly marked as such on that side. As far as syncing contacts over from Salesforce, you can just export from SF and import into your CTCT account, or use the SF integration (if you have an applicable SF plan).

See also:

Formatting contact files for import

Managing bounces

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (50%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST