Announcing Campaign Builder! Available now.

Multiple Drip Campaigns for single email address

SOLVED
Go to solution
JimT95
Rookie
So, we are a real estate company and our customers have 1 to many listings each. So, John Smith may have to houses for sale (Listings), 123 Main St and 321 First Ave. Each of these listings would require separate drip campaigns. Keeping it simple, we would want to create a campaign to send out an email 10, 5, 2, and 1 day(s) prior to the listing's expiration date to let them know they need to relist with us. The listing expiration date would be a custom field we would add. SO.... given that each customer has no limit on the number of listings they may have with us, how could we organize this so that each separate listing would receive their own email drip campaigns based on the expiration date associated with each of the listings? Hope this makes sense - TIA!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LeaveittoLindsay
Community Coach

Hi @JimT95!

Constant Contact Service Provider AND Boston Real Estate Broker here! Congrats on all the listings!

I completely understand what you are trying to accomplish but you may need a work around for this because this would be more of an advanced feature that a CRM would have. 

What you could do is use the birthday field for one of the client's expiration dates and use the anniversary field for that same client's other listing expiration date. Then schedule the birthday club and anniversary club emails to send emails to them in advance.  

Another recommendation would be if you use Dotloop, create a task inside each of the listing loops with the expiration date to follow up with your client. Dotloop automatically will email you when you have a task due. You could have 1 task be a 14 day reminder, 30 day reminder, etc. This is what I would do personally and just have an email ready to go and saved as an email signature that you can reuse. 

Alternatively, you could use a recurring email reminder set up like Boomerang, which may be a better fit in this situation, if you use Google for email. 

I hope this helps!

Lindsay

Lindsay Joy Higgins
L2L Creative Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

Hi Tim, thank you for asking that very "tactical" question.
The best approach is to create a list for each property. This way, when you add the customer's email address for that property and the expiration date to populate the custom field, it triggers the autoresponder series. You need a separate autoresponder for each property, because you can't add an email address more than once to an autoresponder. 
I hope this helps. More questions? Just let me know!

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

LeaveittoLindsay
Community Coach

Hi @JimT95!

Constant Contact Service Provider AND Boston Real Estate Broker here! Congrats on all the listings!

I completely understand what you are trying to accomplish but you may need a work around for this because this would be more of an advanced feature that a CRM would have. 

What you could do is use the birthday field for one of the client's expiration dates and use the anniversary field for that same client's other listing expiration date. Then schedule the birthday club and anniversary club emails to send emails to them in advance.  

Another recommendation would be if you use Dotloop, create a task inside each of the listing loops with the expiration date to follow up with your client. Dotloop automatically will email you when you have a task due. You could have 1 task be a 14 day reminder, 30 day reminder, etc. This is what I would do personally and just have an email ready to go and saved as an email signature that you can reuse. 

Alternatively, you could use a recurring email reminder set up like Boomerang, which may be a better fit in this situation, if you use Google for email. 

I hope this helps!

Lindsay

Lindsay Joy Higgins
L2L Creative Group
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST