Outer Background

JerryH3
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

The outer background design isn't showing up once the email campaign is sent. This has happened 2x to me and I'm not sure why? The background photo is a Free Stock photo from Constant Contact. It shows up in the Test Email. But once it emails to everyone, my email shows no background with a color I didn't choose. It was supposed to be Christmas themed. But instead it was UGLY themed. LOL Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JerryH3 ,

Your email displays in previews and test sends as expected on my side, with the selected image set to fill for outer background setup.

Does this issue occur across all email programs / apps you have access to, or just one in particular? Is there anything in your email program that's waiting for you to allow images to display / download? Have any contacts reported the email's background not containing the image?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JerryH3
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I’m using my work email which is through Outlook on my desktop to view. When I look at my email from my IPhone, it appears that there’s a tiny bit of the background that shows, so I’m assuming it’s working using Outlook on my phone. 

There isn’t anything asking for permission to download the images. The contacts that I sent it to wouldn’t know if there were supposed to be images.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd advise checking the settings in your Outlook to see if there's anything that would be blocking the background image from displaying as expected. Otherwise, it may be worth reaching out to Outlook's support for further insight.

See also:

Display Issues – Why does my email look different when received?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
IlyaK4
Rookie
0 Votes

I was having the same issue. It's limited only to the older version of the Outlook desktop app. People opening the email on Gmail or 'New Outlook' will be able to see the outer background. In the browser version of Outlook, it will likely show up as being blocked since the email isn't coming from a trusted source, but the user will have a button to show the blocked content and the background image will pop up. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an actual solution to make it show up for old Outlook desktop app users. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (67%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jun 06
Maximize Your Marketing Impact with Vimeo & Constant Contact
2PM - 3PM EST
Jun 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST