Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Re: No Permission Set

JeffD654
Rookie
0 Votes

Will the Wix integration overwrite a an existing contact's Contact Status during the daily sync with Constant Contact? I have customers that I've added as a part of our loyalty program. I just uploaded the latest copy of that list. Yet I see several of those contacts as added from Wix and their status is No Permission Set.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JeffD654 ,

Unless the contacts have explicitly expressed permission in one of your sign up forms for marketing communications (aka they show on Wix as subscribed), they won't import from Wix with a set permission. These are typically contacts that have only given email permission in accordance with transaction-type emails like abandoned cart or receipt emails for a store, not for actual marketing. 

For more info on this, please see our main article on connecting your Wix account. If you need help troubleshooting functionalities regarding an integration we've developed, please call our general support to request a transfer to the Tier 2 integrations support team.

See also:

Our email permission policy

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JeffD654 ,

Unless the contacts have explicitly expressed permission in one of your sign up forms for marketing communications (aka they show on Wix as subscribed), they won't import from Wix with a set permission. These are typically contacts that have only given email permission in accordance with transaction-type emails like abandoned cart or receipt emails for a store, not for actual marketing. 

For more info on this, please see our main article on connecting your Wix account. If you need help troubleshooting functionalities regarding an integration we've developed, please call our general support to request a transfer to the Tier 2 integrations support team.

See also:

Our email permission policy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JeffD654
Rookie
0 Votes

That doesn't address the technical aspect of my question. The contact already exists in my Constant Contact contacts list.  So there are two flows that I'd like to know about:

1) Contact exists in Constant Contact via Wix with a "no permissions set" status. I upload my loyalty list and that contact is on my loyalty program (which give me explicit permission to contact them.)  What happens to the contact's status in CC?

2) Contact exists in Constant Contact via a previous upload of my loyalty list and their status is "subscribed". If that customer has had any interaction with our website via wix and entered their email, what happens to the contact's status during daily sync with CC?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you import a contact that is considered "subscribed" on the Wix side, then it will be considered subscribed. If the contact being imported isn't considered subscribed on the Wix side, then it will import as no permissions set. If the contact already exists as subscribed in your Constant Contact account then it shouldn't be overwritten as "no permissions set," since that's meant only for contacts that do not have any permissions.

If you feel like there's been an error during the syncing, then I'd advise calling general support so the Tier 2 integrations team can troubleshoot with you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (79%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST