Some Comcast emails suddenly being blocked

SOLVED
Go to solution
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend

I am just curious. Some of my emails to Comcast accounts are suddenly being blocked. Has anyone else seen this happen? The numbers aren't large. I will continue to monitor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaryJoC83 ,

Based on similar issues I've seen in the past, this could be one of two things. 

During holiday and US election seasons, many email programs and IPs will begin throttling email deliveries due to the high volume. This can, depending on the receiving IP, result in bounces like Undeliverable, Blocked, or Other. Since it's so sudden for you, this is the most likely situation. However if the blocked bounces continue to occur with each sendout, then the more likely issue may be the one described below.

While we haven't gotten a particular announcement like we did with the upcoming Gmail and Yahoo changes, another possibility is that changes to Comcast's anti-spam algorithms may be resulting in increased filtering / bouncing. If your from address has a unique domain (rather than a free one like Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.), then its delivery may be impacted if you haven't set your Constant Contact account up for self-authenticationWith all the delivery gatekeeping and anti-spam/malware safeguards in place nowadays and going forward, it's necessary for businesses using an ESP to have this in place. 

If you'd like specialized insight regarding your account's delivery settings and these particular contacts, I'd recommend speaking with our Delivery team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaryJoC83 ,

Based on similar issues I've seen in the past, this could be one of two things. 

During holiday and US election seasons, many email programs and IPs will begin throttling email deliveries due to the high volume. This can, depending on the receiving IP, result in bounces like Undeliverable, Blocked, or Other. Since it's so sudden for you, this is the most likely situation. However if the blocked bounces continue to occur with each sendout, then the more likely issue may be the one described below.

While we haven't gotten a particular announcement like we did with the upcoming Gmail and Yahoo changes, another possibility is that changes to Comcast's anti-spam algorithms may be resulting in increased filtering / bouncing. If your from address has a unique domain (rather than a free one like Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.), then its delivery may be impacted if you haven't set your Constant Contact account up for self-authenticationWith all the delivery gatekeeping and anti-spam/malware safeguards in place nowadays and going forward, it's necessary for businesses using an ESP to have this in place. 

If you'd like specialized insight regarding your account's delivery settings and these particular contacts, I'd recommend speaking with our Delivery team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

@William_A 

Thanks - I think you are right in my Comcast emails being blocked as a result of high volume. It is a small percentage of my overall subscribed Comcast emails and it isn't consistently the same emails or even the same number of emails. We will see what happens going into the New Year.

SarahM710
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This happened to me today. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @SarahM710. There aren't any reports of issues with emails being sent to Comcast emails. Please contact our Delivery team for assistance. They'll be able to take a closer look at your bounces. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (67%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jun 06
Maximize Your Marketing Impact with Vimeo & Constant Contact
2PM - 3PM EST
Jun 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST