Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Town of Castle Rock Inquiry - Digital Accessibility & WCAG Standards

MarkM9579
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello –

My name is Mark Maloney and I’m a project manager with the Town of Castle Rock in Colorado.  The Town utilizes the Constant Contact system in its operations.

If you aren’t aware, Colorado passed a digital accessibility law in 2021 ( HB21-1110 ) and we’re working to meet the requirements of that statute which includes having a digital accessibility statement and (as applicable) a plan for providing access to our digital elements that don’t meet the WCAG standards.  The Town is assessing all of its technology including the Constant Contact system.

With HB21-1110 in mind, does Constant Contact plan to enhance its software to include capabilities outlined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.2 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act?  If digital accessibility elements are part of Constant Contact products, do you have a WCAG Report or VPAT you can share?  I searched your website but the only digital accessibility information I found was user instructions for creating an accessible email... nothing for accessibility on using the tool itself.  

Thank you for your assistance,

mam

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hi @MarkM9579 ,

For our general accessibility statement, I'd recommend checking out this link. If you have a VPAT request, I'd advise emailing legal(at)constantcontact(dot)com directly.

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarkM9579 ,

I'm checking with the relevant teams, and will follow up when I have more info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MarkM9579 ,

For our general accessibility statement, I'd recommend checking out this link. If you have a VPAT request, I'd advise emailing legal(at)constantcontact(dot)com directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (72%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST