Understanding email authentication

SOLVED
Go to solution
KF_VA
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

DKIM and Shared Accounts - I work for a statewide trade association. We share a Constant Contact Account with some other states. We want to do DKIM for our emails from this account, and want to make sure it will not adversely affect the other states we share with. Does anyone have experience with this or an answer on whether it would be a problem for others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KF_VA ,

I'd advise following along with our article on self-authentication, or checking out this post in our Success Hub. If you have one account that will be associated with your domain, then CNAME will be the best option for self-auth. If you know your domain is being utilized on multiple accounts, then the TXT option would be best. You'll need to work with your IT, or whomever manages your domain to get the elements required for setting this up in your account. 

If your account's emails are all containing From addresses with the same domain, then you're good to go. However, if each state's association has an individual, unique domain, then separate accounts with their own self-auth setup will be necessary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KF_VA
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes
I also sent this message to the shared message board. I work for a statewide trade association. We share a Constant Contact Account with some other states so we can have a common message, but delivered from a familiar email address in each state. We want to do DKIM for our emails from this account and want to make sure it will not adversely affect the other states we share with. Does anyone have experience with this or an answer on whether it would be a problem for others?
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KF_VA ,

I'd advise following along with our article on self-authentication, or checking out this post in our Success Hub. If you have one account that will be associated with your domain, then CNAME will be the best option for self-auth. If you know your domain is being utilized on multiple accounts, then the TXT option would be best. You'll need to work with your IT, or whomever manages your domain to get the elements required for setting this up in your account. 

If your account's emails are all containing From addresses with the same domain, then you're good to go. However, if each state's association has an individual, unique domain, then separate accounts with their own self-auth setup will be necessary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST