Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Unsubscribe or change lists subscribed to

SOLVED
Go to solution
FremontUMC
Rookie
0 Votes

I would like contacts to be able to update their list choices when they hit unsubscribe so that they don't unsubscribe from all lists. I can't find a way to do this? Only choice is to get them to choose Update Profile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FremontUMC ,

Using the Update Profile system, you can include this as an alternative link in your email footer, which contacts can select to update their list membership, based on the lists you make viewable and editable. If multiple list options are available in your UP form, those options will also appear on the unsubscription confirmation page, as an alternative for contacts that click the unsub link in the footer.

Remember that not all lists need to be included in the UP / unsub setup. Contacts will only be able to manipulate their list membership for the ones you've explicitly selected to be available, viewable options. Contacts will simply see those available lists' names on the UP form / unsub confirmation page, and be able to decide if they'd prefer one of those.

See also:

Unsubscribed contacts overview

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FremontUMC ,

Using the Update Profile system, you can include this as an alternative link in your email footer, which contacts can select to update their list membership, based on the lists you make viewable and editable. If multiple list options are available in your UP form, those options will also appear on the unsubscription confirmation page, as an alternative for contacts that click the unsub link in the footer.

Remember that not all lists need to be included in the UP / unsub setup. Contacts will only be able to manipulate their list membership for the ones you've explicitly selected to be available, viewable options. Contacts will simply see those available lists' names on the UP form / unsub confirmation page, and be able to decide if they'd prefer one of those.

See also:

Unsubscribed contacts overview

William A
FremontUMC
Rookie
0 Votes

I know how the Update Profile works. But I would prefer that when they hit unsubscribe that they can choose to update the emails they receive by choosing which lists they are on instead of just unsubscribing from all lists. 

I believe that your answer here is giving me the choice to use the Update Profile which I understand how to use.

So there is no way to change the unsubscribe button so that they can use that to opt out of some of the emails that they receive? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

As mentioned in my reply: 

If multiple list options are available in your UP form, those options will also appear on the unsubscription confirmation page, as an alternative for contacts that click the unsub link in the footer.

Therefore, you simply need to setup your UP form with multiple list options, if you want those options to show on your unsubscription page. If you do not setup your UP form to have multiple list options, then your unsubscription page will not be able to show them.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (76%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST