Warning flags on emails

DianneH9
Rookie
0 Votes

Each time I send an email campaign there is a warning banner included. How do I get rid of this?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DianneH9 ,

What is the banner? Does it show for your contacts, or only when you send the email directly to yourself?

If you're sending from a private domain, then you'll want to setup your account for self-authentication. Otherwise, some networks and security will see your email claiming to come from you, but is actually coming from our servers, and treat it like it's a spoof / spam. By setting up self-authentication, you mark us sending your emails as officially approved, and to be treated as though they're coming directly from you.

If you'd like further insight and troubleshooting on your delivery, or guidance on setting up self-authentication beyond what's in the linked article, I'd recommend speaking with our Delivery team directly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DianneH9
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi,

I went through the steps to self-authenticate. It looked like I had already done that. I sent over the banners. I appreciate your help. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DianneH9 ,

Your account's self-authentication is not active, based on what our admin system is showing. I checked in your account, and it's still pending so it won't be active until the changes made have been fully accepted between your host and us. 

Additionally, if you're just sending these only to yourself, and they're test sends they're going to be more likely to show this anyway since test sends generally don't apply authentication - from us or your own self-auth setup.

Based on the banners showing, that would align with what I'm describing. For your actual send outs, you'll want to have your account actively set up for self-authentication. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DianneH9
Rookie
0 Votes

IMG_1400.jpegIMG_1399.jpeg

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST