What is a good open rate for emails?

ChristianN559
Brand Visionary
I am trying to evaluate the effectiveness of my newsletters and email marketing campaigns in general. What is a good open rate for my campaigns? And is open rate the right way to measure the effectiveness of my campaign?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris-S
Administrator

Excellent question. @DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth@MelanieDiehl do you have any insights to offer here? 😊

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Template Feedback & Inspiration

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach

Hi @ChristianN559 ,

Open rates will vary across industries. According to a study released by Constant Contact in March 2024, the average open rate across all industries is around 37.7% 

In this article, you can drill down to your industry to see how you stack up.

That said, open rates are only one metric we monitor for campaign effectiveness. Click-thru rates are going to tell a much better story (this data is also available in the article too). 

So it's a one-two punch: get subscribers to OPEN the email, then compel them to take action by CLICKING on a link. 

Of course, you'll want to monitor the results on the back end: did they convert after clicking through? 🤜🏻🤛🏻

Hope this helps!

Melanie Diehl

Melanie & co Marketing Collective

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

ChristianN559
Brand Visionary

Thank you Melanie for the link with the various industry related open rates - perfect!

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach
0 Votes

You're welcome! 😊

Melanie Diehl

Melanie & co Marketing Collective

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST