Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Where is the RSS widget?

FrankF534
Rookie
0 Votes

In Knowledge Base article 000050206 Creating RSS Emails updated on October 3, 2023, a section called Adding the RSS Widget to an Email describes how to add an RSS widget to automatically pull content from an RSS feed and insert it into the body of the email. However, when I attempt to follow the instructions, the RSS widget does not seem to be available, and the interface shown in the screenshots is different—perhaps older? Is the RSS widget still available? If not, and if no other RSS support is available, I suggest that this knowledge base article be removed or edited to clarify.

Creating RSS Emails.jpgAdding the RSS Widget to an Email.jpg

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ucsfpharmacycomms ,

I'd recommend speaking directly with Lead Gen & CRM Support if you want more assistance signing up and using the product.

4 REPLIES 4
ucsfpharmacycomms
Rookie
0 Votes

In looking more closely, I see that it says this is available in “[t]he email designer within Lead Gen & CRM.” I guess Lead Gen & CRM is something my account does not have, but the page at https://www.constantcontact.com/lead-gen-crm doesn't explain how I can get it. I don't want a demo. I don't want to learn more. I just want to use it.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 17.12.18.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-29 at 17.12.36.jpg

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello!

Lead Gen & CRM is a completely separate product with its own account information. It would not add on to your current Constant Contact experience. Currently, the RSS feature you're looking for does not exist in the Email & Digital Marketing product. I'd be happy to submit feedback on implementing the feature to our developers on your behalf, though.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

ucsfpharmacycomms
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks, Nick. I understand now that Constant Contact Email & Digital Marketing is a separate product from Constant Contact Lead Gen & CRM. This was not initially clear to me since if a company has more than one product I'm expecting to see a Products menu on the website from which I can choose different products, in this case: (1) Email & Digital Marketing, and (2) Lead Gen & CRM, and also a comparison table. Or, I might expect you to have a completely different website for the other product so that the multiple products are kept distinct to avoid confusion. Or, I might expect you to make it clear how to add or remove an add-on service  (I know you said this is not an add-on service.) Or, in a support knowledge base I might expect to be able to easily filter search results based on which product I'm using. People new to your company probably don't know that Lead Gen & CRM is the name of a product. Whenever I encountered the words "Lead Gen & CRM," I thought you were talking about these terms in the general sense—like a topic or a category name. (As an example, in the first screenshot in this thread "Lead Gen & CRM" appears above "How can we help you?" and to me it looks like a topic or category rather than the name of a product, since I thought the product I signed up for was called Constant Contact.) I found this knowledge base document by searching Google on [ rss and Constant Contact ] and was excited to use Constant Contact and signed up. Now, after trying to reach support through chat once and telephone twice and after three humans and one chatbot at Constant Contact not able to answer my question about how to use the RSS widget, I still don't have an answer. I don't understand why if I signed up for Constant Contact (aka Constant Contact Email & Digital Marketing) that when I search your knowledge base I am shown results describing features in Constant Contact Lead Gen & CRM which are not available to me, especially since it's not very clear that these are separate products. I just want to test your RSS widget feature so that I can determine if your offering will meet our needs. I want to do this today. I don't want to wait for your developers to add it to Constant Contact Email & Digital Marketing. I still don't know how to create a Constant Contact Lead Gen & CRM account without requesting a demo. I don't want a demo. I just want to use a trial version of Constant Contact Lead Gen & CRM and see a comparison table between these two products so that I can better understand how each offering compares to the other. How do I do that today?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ucsfpharmacycomms ,

I'd recommend speaking directly with Lead Gen & CRM Support if you want more assistance signing up and using the product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (73%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST