Why doesn't the webpage version show updates?

SusanF297
Constant Contact Partner
I use the "View as Webpage" option on most of my emails so I can easily access the online version of the email. (especially when creating lengthy automated series for clients) In the past 4-6 months, I find that the online version doesn't update with changes made within the dashboard. Please advise.
We are all marketers.
5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SusanF297 ,

The View as Webpage insert is set to be the same as the email's permanent URL that's generated once it's scheduled / sent out.

Is your issue that the View as Webpage link seems to be retaining a previous, copied version of the email? Does the issue still occur in other browsers, or while in Incognito/Private browsing mode? Can you elaborate on what updates aren't showing, and which dashboard you're referring to? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SusanF297
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Thank you for the follow up, William_A,
I have found this in my own account as well as when I'm working within my clients' accounts.

I use the 'view as webpage' to help track and view the current emails - especially in automated sequences.  

I can tell you that the one that prompted me to come here looking for a solution is within my own account. The automation I am referring to is called: Business Growth Prompts.
An example is #19 - the Preview shows the correct version - but the 'view as webpage' - shows a version from before an edit was made.

I look forward to your advice

Susan

We are all marketers.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd recommend calling our general support for live troubleshooting, as it will likely require us making changes and further testing with your live permission to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
OASW1964
Rookie
0 Votes

This has been happening consistently with our account as well. We use the web preview to share a copy of the email for internal review and approvals, but we're unable to do that now as we consistently do not see recent changes reflected (even after saving) in the web preview version that is accessed through the CC-generated "view in browser" link.

I don't think that advising each client to call CC'd support line is a wise or adequate solution. Clearly this is a back-end issue on Constant Contact's side.

SusanF297
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

thank you

We are all marketers.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST