Sending campaigns in multiple languages

SOLVED
Go to solution
AGmiddleschoolpto
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

We are planning to send our campaign in English and Spanish. What is the best way to identify contacts who are Spanish speaking? Should we add a custom field, use a tag, create an email list and add them, or is there another option? We are already using email lists to segment our population by grade level. Now, we would like to also indicate whether each contact needs an English version, a Spanish version, or both. Thank you for any best practices out there!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Aaron_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AGmiddleschoolpto,

That is an excellent question!  There are a number of ways of handling this, but personally I would say this is a great one to use dynamic content.  The dynamic content will let you create blocks that will only show to people who have certain information in their contact fields.  If you create a custom content field for 'Language' then you could have blocks that only show to people who have the relevant language in their contact fields.  The only daunting part now is making sure that your list is up to date with the correct language information.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aaron_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AGmiddleschoolpto,

That is an excellent question!  There are a number of ways of handling this, but personally I would say this is a great one to use dynamic content.  The dynamic content will let you create blocks that will only show to people who have certain information in their contact fields.  If you create a custom content field for 'Language' then you could have blocks that only show to people who have the relevant language in their contact fields.  The only daunting part now is making sure that your list is up to date with the correct language information.

Aaron_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AGmiddleschoolpto
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply - we will look into this!

AGmiddleschoolpto
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have spent a little time looking at this today, and I'm unclear about something. We need our newsletter block to print in English for everyone unless they speak Spanish. When I watched the video for creating dynamic blocks, it looks like the block would ONLY appear if the contact is designated as Spanish speaking. So, would we need to create two dynamic blocks for each newsletter "article" and show the English block for those "not" Spanish speaking and show the other if they are? This seems like it would be difficult to format?

Thank you for your help - just trying to find the simplest solution for a volunteer organization that has a new volunteer doing this every couple of years. We need to think about transition and teaching a new volunteer how to manage whatever solution we come up with. Thank you!

Adelina_R
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AGmiddleschoolpto 

That is correct that you would need format a new block for each campaign as well create different Dynamic blocks if you wish to make it only visible to specific contacts.

In this Helpful article about Dynamic Links Step 7 says "To further customize your email for different contacts, repeat steps 1-7 for each content block." We would have to repeat the process for each dynamic block

Adelina R

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST