Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add more social media icons

Please add more options for social media such as an RSS feed (blog) and Houzz (interior design specific).  In addition, please "lock in" the social media icons per email campaign.  For example, I create email campaign 1 and set up the social media icons.  Then I create email campaign 2 with the social media icons linking to different social sites.  As soon as I save the social media profile for email 2 it changes the social media links in email 1.  This is VERY frustrating as we have 6 different brands that we send emails out for and we cannot use our email templates due to this issue. 

We tried to create our own social media icons by using images however, we cannot place more that two images side by side like we could in the old interface.  Also, please put back the ability to add a table into the new user interface - you took away this feature!  Having the ability to add a table would allow me a workaround to my first issue.  UGH!  Very frustrating - this is making us re-consider our decision to use Constant Contact for our email campaigns.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that more social media icons have been made available in our cross platform editor!

unnamed (10).png

If you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Help Boards as we would be happy to assist you further.

61 Comments
New editor is extremely disappointing. Absolutely need user determined font styles available. Having to start from scratch each time is unacceptable. Also noticed that Flickr is not available in the social media bar which is not OK.
Ariana_L
Employee

@heirloom_flowersThanks for the feedback.

Can you tell me a little bit more about what you mean by "user determined font styles". Would you like to see more font options than there are currently? Also, there is the ability to "Copy" a previously sent email so you don't have to start from scratch each time. You can do this by clicking the "Actions" dropdown on the campaigns page and choosing "Copy".

Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

KimL182
Marketing Legend

The new editing options are so limited, including the ridiculously small selection of social media icons - please add the ones requested by other commentors as well as an email icon and a link icon. I also have tried to add additional icons via the image tool, and was also aggravated that only two side-by-side can be created.

The inability to add custom fonts is very frustrating. Typefaces are a large part of any organization's branding. Please bring back this function.

Please add the table function again! This is needed for many reasons, the icon/link issue above as well as adding a box with a border. Not being able to add a border to individual sections of an email is irritating.

We have recently switched to CC from another email system and we are disappointed in the changes you've made.

DianneH11
Rookie

Looking for social buttons for tumblr and flickr to add to our emails.

Thanks,

Tammy

tammyg@goffstownlibrary.com

JoshB782
Rookie
The editor page needs to include ebay as a social networking option. Also there are many instances where I would like to stretch or move text and images and it just flat out won't let me.
CWMarketing
Campaign Contributor

Also frustrated by this change. No provision for Houzz or Yelp. I had used tables on the previous version and added them manually. Now I can only create links from the words HOUZZ and YELP which looks unprofessional.

There's a lot of lost user functionality in the new email tool. I am frustrated and regret the "upgrade."

EliseG698
Rookie

At the bottom of most of the emails, Constant Contacts has the option of putting in soical media links, which is nice. Except that some social media links aren't there or built in. One in perticular that I use often in Goodreads, and it would be very helpful if I could put in a widget for the site at the bottom of my page in place of Instrgram or Pintrest, which I don't use. 

Thanks. 

NicoleM504
Marketing Legend

Our client has customized social icons that they want to use everywhere - it would be nice to be able to customize the social icons in the new email editor. In the legacy it is easy to adjust the HTML, this option no longer exists in the new wysiwyg editor.

SamM44
Rookie

We are  dual branded and send out messages from either or sometimes both sister companies.

I would love a simple way to display both sets of icons and to also toggle between one or the other.

Is this possible?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More