What access do I need to give an external development team?

HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi,

We have contracted a company to create a new version of our website. In order to create a signup form for our newsletter, they are asking for userid and password to enter the Constant Contact account. There is pushback internally to do that.

So I'm asking: what access do I need to give the external developers so they can do everything they need to create the integration on the new website?

Thanks,

L

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee

Hello HopeandCope,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Account credentials will always be needed at some point to connect the integration and grant access to the account.

In a case like yours, where someone else is setting up the integration, there are typically ways to bypass giving credentials to the 3rd party by just having you connect and grant access instead of them.

The process will depend on whether they are building/coding the form themselves, using a 3rd party integration/plugin, and also what version of the API is being used.

If you are able to gather a few more details (such as the name of the integration/plugin if it is 3rd party, who your website host is, whether they are building the form themselves, etc), we'd be happy to see if we can provide more insight.

You can reach our team directly/securely via email at webservices@constantcontact.com to follow up.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.