Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
user644747
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi there, I have a large group of contacts that I have entered into a a new 'list'. How do I remove these contacts from the group they were in previously? There are 1,000 contacts on this new list. But they are also on a 5,000 strong list that I no longer wish them to be on. Is there a quick and easy way to remove them from their old group? I don't want to have to go through them all individually! Many thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user644747 ,

Go into your new list, and click the top-most checkmark box to select-all. Click Actions at the top, and select Remove from list. Select the old list, and confirm the removal of those contacts in your new list.

For step-by-step and visual guidance, please see our main article on removing contacts from lists, also available via the Help tab in your account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user644747 ,

Go into your new list, and click the top-most checkmark box to select-all. Click Actions at the top, and select Remove from list. Select the old list, and confirm the removal of those contacts in your new list.

For step-by-step and visual guidance, please see our main article on removing contacts from lists, also available via the Help tab in your account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user644747
Rookie
0 Votes

That's great - thank you for your help. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (79%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST