Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

New Event Tool - newsletter subscription confirmation e-mail has wrong content

AmyN677
Rookie
0 Votes

We have started using the new Event creation tool (not the legacy tool). It allows you to put a checkbox on registration forms for people to subscribe to your eNews. That is great! 

The trouble is, if people select it, they send a confirmation e-mail of their subscription to the person, but that e-mail is pulling information from some source that event organizers can't seem to change. In our case, it is pulling an old address from somewhere and we can't seem to figure out where. It is also not editable in the event itself, so we are stuck with this confirmation e-mail being incorrect. 

Lastly, there are some weird spacing issues in the confirmation e-mail. Again, if we could simply have an "edit" option on the e-mail, this problem would go away.

I don't understand why they don't simply send our standard subscription confirmation e-mail. That one is 100% correct and we have no issues with it. WHY is the event using a different subscription confirmation e-mail and WHY can't we edit its content?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AmyN677 ,

To confirm, is this the subscription confirmation email you're referring to that's up-to-date? The link only works if you're logged into your account.

If this is indeed the up-to-date confirmation email, could you please provide a screencap of what your registrants that become contacts are receiving? Is the old address info anywhere in your account's settings that you can see?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
AmyN677
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thank you so much for that link - I was able to edit it and update the address information.

Can you tell me how to get to that e-mail from our Constant Contact Dashboard so that I can be sure to update it next time we move again?

Is there any way for us to have it automatically populated with our account profile's address (which is updated)?

Thanks you!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you go to your All Campaigns page, and select "Automations" under the campaign type, your account should only have 1 of that type. That's your old welcome email automation. 

Screencap from my account as visual reference for finding:

automations sort.png

You're welcome to edit it, or disable/cancel and make a new one. For guidance on managing this older welcome email setup, please see this article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (76%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST