Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

What’s an important lesson you’ve learned since starting your business?

Dallas_W
Employee
0 Votes

After starting 5 businesses and selling 3 of them, with more businesses on the way, serial entrepreneur Ramon Ray has learned several valuable lessons on his journey as a small business owner.

In a recent conversation between Dave Charest and Ramon Ray,  Ramon mentioned that while it’s important to generate recurring revenue for your business and establish a great team, the real magic happens when you can identify your ideal customer and leverage your tools and your team to curate a customer experience that keeps them coming back. 

What is an important lesson you’ve learned since starting your business?

2 REPLIES 2
CorkyS
Rookie
0 Votes

Right from the beginning (and we are talking 1965) I had a sense that honesty, compassion and kindness, to "customers," clients, associates, partners, was essential to live a good life.  But this was a lesson that had to be learned over and over.  I continue to learn.  Having a business and being responsible for (customers, the audience, partners etc.) put me in a position where learning this lesson is essential and I'm constantly being tested.  That's where I live with this concept of what I have learned.  Anything that feels like manipulation or feels dishonest like $4.99 I avoid if I notice it.  And I'm learning to notice it more and more. 

Dallas_W
Employee
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing @Corky! My grandfather was a teacher for most of his career and I remember him constantly saying, "Never stop learning, kid." That reminds me of your lesson :smileyface: It sounds like you have a winning formula for not only your customers, but for your team and for yourself. Bravo!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (75%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST