Placed API and Access Token on Seller's website, as required by them but how do I connect with it?

user309242
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi:

I am new to constant contact (and hating it so far).

I am an affiliate of a membership site. One of the options that this site gives me to add a contact to my list and get them on one of my email campaigns is through constant contact, by providing them with an API and an Acces Token.

I got those easily from the constant contact developer section. I pasted the API and the Access Token where the membership site told me to and then I went back to my constant contact account trying to set up a campaign and a list to get these subscribers.

But the only triggers I find are links and code that I can insert to web pages that I have access to and control over, I did not find how to integrate the API and the access token.

I called Constant Contact by phone but the support person told me that he doesn't know because his knowledge is very limited (swear to God that was his answer) and he gave me an email address to try to contact the constant contact developers to see if they can help me.

Does anybody know what should I do or what am I missing here?

Thanks,

Yoshi Maeshiro

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello user309242 ,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

I am sorry to hear that you’ve encountered difficulty with getting your account set up.

While 3rd party integrations/plugins do utilize our public facing APIs to connect with Constant Contact, they are not built or supported by Constant Contact, so we are limited in the support we can provide, but will try to answer any questions to the best of our ability as they pertain to Constant Contact’s API endpoints and functionality. 

Within our logs, I do see that you were able to generate and connect a legacy V2 API key and token with the account that you are posting from, so the integration appears to be connected successfully.

For further assistance with the functionality of the 3rd party integration/plugin, I’d recommend reaching out to the support team of the 3rd party that developed it.

Otherwise, if you are able to provide a link to the instructions you were following, the name of the integration or service you are trying to connect with, or any other relevant details, we are more than happy to see if we can assist you in locating any public-facing instructions or contact information that they might have available.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.