cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Privacy with Constant Contact

CTCT Employee

Have you ever been concerned about your privacy with Constant Contact? Well I am here to assure you that your privacy is one of our top priorities! Constant Contact takes extensive measures to make sure that your account information stays safe and secure!

What will we do with your information?

In our Terms and Conditions we make it clear that we will not sell or distribute any of your contact lists or information. 

1.png

*This screenshot is taken directly from our Terms and Conditions

How will we protect your information?

We use multiple firewalls and have specific security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.

Say for whatever reason you get locked out of your account and need to call in to gain access, we have a specific process set in place that requires our support reps to only speak with the account owner and ask a number of questions to verify said account owner. If our support reps are unable to verify all pieces of information, access will not be permitted to the account. This ensures that your account will remain safe from outside users.

*Please note that other users will still be able to call in and gain support on the product if they can verify two pieces of information about the account. (Username and Account holder, account holder and business name, etc.)

What proof of protection can you give me?

Constant Contact has also been awarded TRUSTe’s Privacy Seal.

2.jpg

TRUSTe is an independent third party company whose goal is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations. TRUSTe is the leader in privacy Trustmark and innovative trust solutions.

Constant Contact also complies with the U.S.  – EU and U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding collection, use and retention of data.

Your privacy is very important to us. To read all about how Constant Contact will keep your information safe, check out our Privacy Statement.

Are you a resident of California? Click here to check out the California Privacy Rights.

Melissa_M

Hi everyone. My name is Melissa and I started working at Constant Contact in 2012. I am currently interning with the Community and Social Support team. I am all about going out of my way for customers and I hope that I can pass some of my knowledge about Constant Contact to you. :)

2 Comments
RichGabrielson
Not applicable

I'm in the "target audience" of a Constant Contact campaign.  What assurance can you offer that the campaign e-mail I received is actually from an organization that I would normally trust?

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hi @RichGabrielson,

That's a great question! Because of our Email Permission Policy and Anti-Spam Policy, we would require your permission to be on our customer's email list. If you feel a Constant Contact customer is sending you unsolicited email, you can report it to us by sending it to abuse(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Each email is reviewed and cataloged by a member of the Compliance Team. In addition, we will investigate each complaint and take appropriate action against the sender.