Hi, I work in a company in which multiple people are creating emails and I really wish that there was a prompt to enter a title. These employees don't label campaigns and I can't see who created it to fix the problem (cause we all use the same account) and every email campagin just says "campaign date." If users were prompted to input a title this would help greatly.
I been a Constant Contact user for 7 years. Over the past 2 years I've watched the company erode to a shell of its former self. This is due to the massive removal of features that we became dependant on and promised to our clients. The removal is soley based on the cost management and ease of maintenance for Constant Contact and only serves to make the product I provide to my clients less of a product. While other marketing related companies are providing more, Constant Contact is reducing its features and options.
- Smaller number of template options. Reduced by 80%
- No template options with a sidebar
- Content block background in white only
- Removal of tables that allowed side by side images
- Limited number of images per block
- No time stamp on when emails were sent
- Unable to put muliple images in header blocks
Other such as being billed 5 days prior to billing date. This is an insult. I would never force a client to pay for something before they even got a bill. This is both unthical and unprofessional. Another problem exist with customer service giving multiple versions of service and billing issues. Depending on who you call will many times determine the outcome.
I really do not appreciate the new look. The first page after login is unhelpful. I've never quite seen anything so bad! There should be a common toolbar, as before, to quickly access all settings, options etc. Why change something to make it worse?? I now have to click on 'Contacts Growth Tools' to get where I want. At least that's the way I found. Current layout is not evident, intuitive or user friendly.
You would be much better advised to spend your time improving the email editing experience than playing around with the visuals. The editing experience is always lacking, and does not seem to get the attention.
I am not averse to change, but change with the result of degradation of user experience is counter productive.
A paid customer for many years, I join some others here in saying I will start looking at alternatives if there's not some serious improvement.
These days it seems that our percentage of mobile opens is increasing. The only trouble with this is that if we design for mobile, the email looks terrible on desktop and vice versa. I have two suggestions for Constant Contact to aid people in marketing via mobile and desktop to users.
1. Add a 'Mobile View' to the preview window where you can view HTML, Text Version, and Without Images version for ease of use. This eliminates sending several emails to yourself to check on your mobile device. I think people should still check their mobile devices, but having a preview would at least let people know if they are on the right track without wasting hours tweaking templates and re-emailing them. (Facebook does it)
2. Add the ability to view the actual list of contacts that open your email on mobile or desktop. Because the templates for desktop and mobile are so different (ie. 14pt font vs 24pt font and single column images) it would be nice to have the ability to create two versions of the email 1 For mobile and 1 for Desktop. I understand this creates more work for the average user, however, the campaigns would be more effective as they will be showing up correctly for the device they are meant for.
Mobile responsive or not. If you use a 24pt font in an email it looks great on Mobile and completely horrendous on Desktop. The whole point of mobile responsive templates is it to work well on both devices. Until Constant Contact can up their game on the mobile template side of things, it would be nice to at least have the option of splitting your list for mobile vs desktop users to ensure the most efficiency and response on a campaign.
I would love a calendar showing all my posts (emails/social media posts) and when they are scheduled. That way I have them all in one place and I can see at a glance what I have scheduled. I don't want overlap or over-schedule too much on one platform a day or during a certain timeframe.
Maybe you do have this but I've never seen it.
There are some email I want to us each month such as: Notification of our monthly meetings. I don't want want to type it over each month only change the date and time. Why can't we set aside certain such as the DRAFT emails in one area so we can quickly find them instead of going through all prior email. This would be a great help.
This new layout makes it DIFFICULT to find older emails. If I wanted to find an email I sent out a year ago, I would need to click "view more campaigns" until I find it. Before, I could simply enter a page number and scroll through pages that way until I found it.
We have a survey going out for every course at our annual meeting and I need to be able to check at a glance if everything is lined up for the right time throughout the day. Can we get a column for the time an email is scheduled for so I don't have to open each one?
I have been having major issues with Constant Contacts tendency to auto format my text in campaign emails. Many times I will type out my text and set the font and size to what I like. When I then make part of that text a hyperlink it reverts ALL of the text back to Courier. I then change my text back to the font I wanted as well as the size, sometimes it lets me sometimes I click the button and nothing happens. Many times I've gone through this entire process then when I save it reverts back to courier in a tiny font size. I've been working on one block for 40 minutes now and everytime I do something it automatically reverts back. Starting to get very fed up with this program....