Bug - Unable to insert YouTube Videos

SOLVED
Go to solution
Real Estate

Bug - Unable to insert YouTube Videos

I am trying to insert a link to a YouTube video into an email using the "Insert video link with image" function and it keeps telling me to try again later. When I click to "Test" the link, it works fine, but the CC editor refuses to grab the thumbnail. I've tested this in both Chrome and Firefox, and have used different video links, all with the same issue. Help please!

Annotation 2020-05-15 111718.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that this issue has been resolved as of May 16, 2020. If it is still occurring or if you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to respond to this post as we would be happy to assist you further.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Marisa_M ,

This is an issue that just recently cropped up and our engineers are still collecting data on. I've gotten your case over to the engineers so that you'll be notified if and when they have an update.

In the meantime, if you need to get your email sent out, I'd recommend either inserting a text link or button link, or you can take a screenshot of the thumbnail and then hyperlink that in an image block. If you'd like to the use the screenshot method, and you're unable to capture a play button overlay, there are several 3rd party websites that you can upload your screenshot to get that overlay.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks. I dont know if it matters, but I noticed the pre-filled tip text in the Youtube URL field is suggesting an "http" and all links on on Youtube are https... I did try the replacing my link's https with http and still got the error.

Annotation 2020-05-15 153624.png

I used Canva to put the play button on my thumbnail screenshot. Looks exactly like the video usually does. No one could tell anything was different. 🙂 🙂

Participant

I'm having the same problem - also with Vimeo links.

Hey everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that this issue has been resolved as of May 16, 2020. If it is still occurring or if you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to respond to this post as we would be happy to assist you further.

William D

View solution in original post

I called and talked to a female rep who told me: "You have never been able to insert a video in CC except if it shows the entire dashboard of your Vimeo page. We exchanged a few views and THEN SHE HUNG UP!!.

I fumed for awhile, then I realized I could make links with words and then I looked at the image insertion boxes and they allow you to connect links to the image. So I created an overlay image with a video triangle, inserted it with a hidden link, and it worked just fine.

Hello @LeslieY85 ,

It looks like you're replying to a thread that was in regards to a temporary issue with our link embedding partner last week. Looking at your account's cases, the rep you spoke with last week got disconnected mid-call from a VPN error, and did at least attempt a callback.

Typically the link used for Vimeo videos, like YouTube videos, will redirect to the full page - not just the video. The video blocks can only work with the explicit share and address bar links that YT and Vimeo provide by default for videos specifically, since they require information from YT and Vimeo about what thumbnail should be displayed. Any other links would require you to generate your own thumbnail or use text / a button.

William D