Problem reconnecting Facebook account for Social Share

SOLVED
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Problem reconnecting Facebook account for Social Share

Hello,

I am having a problem reconnecting my Facebook account for use with the Social Share app.  There have been problems before that are usually easily solved.  For some reason, I am unable to fix this.  Is there an issue going on with Constant Contact and Facebook in regards to this app?  Please advise.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Problem reconnecting Facebook account for Social Share

Hello @KimberlyJ18 ,

There was a recent update to Facebook's API that resulted in some complications between our system and theirs (for both FB and Insta). Our engineers have said that the issue should be fixed, so I'd recommend disconnecting the social share elements from the Facebook business manager side as well, and then reconnect everything.

If you're still facing issues after that, let us know. Additionally, if you can provide screeenshots or specific error messaging we can use for further investigation, that will aid tremendously.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello @KimberlyJ18 ,

There was a recent update to Facebook's API that resulted in some complications between our system and theirs (for both FB and Insta). Our engineers have said that the issue should be fixed, so I'd recommend disconnecting the social share elements from the Facebook business manager side as well, and then reconnect everything.

If you're still facing issues after that, let us know. Additionally, if you can provide screeenshots or specific error messaging we can use for further investigation, that will aid tremendously.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Thank you @William_D!

This seemed to solve my problem completely.  I really appreciate your help on this.  I had forgotten about using the Community to get my problem taken care of.  I will keep this in mind for future issues.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I too was having a similar problem and followed these steps yesterday (June 15).  At first the problem appeared to be fixed.  But, today (June 16) I received the "oops, something went wrong" message and then, after a few more tries I had to "repair connection" again after which I continue to get the "oops" message   I did have a successful post from CC to FB earlier this morning but cannot schedule another one. 

Why do I have to keep doing the "repair connection" after following the steps above?  How do I determine what is triggering te "oops" message?

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @KathyW97 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

The issue is something we are currently working with Facebook on to find out what could be causing it. I will add you to the list to be notified when we have more information on what is causing this problem. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else. Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a good day! 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured