Unsubscribed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Health Practitioners & Centers

Unsubscribed

We have clients that receive emails from various organizations that all use Constant Contact as their email platform. If someone unsubscribes from "Company A", and "Company B", will they still receive our emails or will they be automatically unsubscribed from anything Constant Contact.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @DoctorsM,

Thank you for bringing this great question to the community!  When someone clicks 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email, they are unsubscribed only from the specific account that sent them that email.  As long as all of the businesses involved are using different Constant Contact Accounts, they will have different lists of unsubscribed contacts.

It's rare, but it is possible for an individual to request that we put them on a global block list, to automatically unsubscribe from all constant contact accounts.  This is the internet equivalent of a state-wide 'do not call' list.  That is the only kind of unsubscribe that is universal though, and should only be happening with that email-address's explicit request.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @DoctorsM,

Thank you for bringing this great question to the community!  When someone clicks 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email, they are unsubscribed only from the specific account that sent them that email.  As long as all of the businesses involved are using different Constant Contact Accounts, they will have different lists of unsubscribed contacts.

It's rare, but it is possible for an individual to request that we put them on a global block list, to automatically unsubscribe from all constant contact accounts.  This is the internet equivalent of a state-wide 'do not call' list.  That is the only kind of unsubscribe that is universal though, and should only be happening with that email-address's explicit request.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post