question about Facobook Lead Ad

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

question about Facobook Lead Ad

Hello, Yesterday started my first Facebook Lead Ad through CC which is also on Instagram. My question is: Am I right that only through Facebook one can fill in the contact form? Because if it is so, than advertising on Instagram doesn't get the leads? If I missed something to activate this also on Instagram, please let me know. Thank you. Kind Regards, Miranda from MI-Yoga!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: question about Facobook Lead Ad

Everything on our end is still showing Instagram clicks / taps being perfectly viable and still triggering the form to appear as expected for sign ups. If you're concerned about some people not being able to get through, and you're able to provide any images or vids of not being able to click/tap the button on the ad to subscribe - feel free to provide those in a direct reply to the automated @MirandaB7 mention email so we can securely attach those to your case. Otherwise, everything on our end looks like the ad should be working as intended on both FB and Insta.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello @MirandaB7 ,

The lead ad might appear slightly different compared to the Facebook variation - particularly on the app version, but should still allow prospects / leads to sign up. If you're finding this isn't the case, feel free to let us know and what the name of the ad is, screenshots of any errors or other applicable information, and we'll look further into it.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hello William, thank you for quick reaction. You did answer my question, but still I have doubt about the option that leads can sign up through the Instagram Ad.
The campaign is called:
New Location @ Holi House
Can you check in my CC account? I made pictures, but don’t know how/where to send to.
Hope you can help.
Thank you.
Miranda
Mi-Yoga! From Holland
Highlighted

Everything on our end is still showing Instagram clicks / taps being perfectly viable and still triggering the form to appear as expected for sign ups. If you're concerned about some people not being able to get through, and you're able to provide any images or vids of not being able to click/tap the button on the ad to subscribe - feel free to provide those in a direct reply to the automated @MirandaB7 mention email so we can securely attach those to your case. Otherwise, everything on our end looks like the ad should be working as intended on both FB and Insta.

William D

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Ok William, thx then it will be fine. I trust you. Another question, hope you don’t mind: on Facebook in the meantime there are mote than 35 leads until now. Are these leads because they filled in something? Because in CC there are 6 leads until now. And am I allowed to add those leads from FB to CC to send them an email?
Thanks again,
Miranda
Highlighted

Hello @MirandaB7 ,

Sometimes there can be delays in Facebook reporting back to us, which may explain some discrepancies between what your Facebook business manager is reporting, and what our system is reporting as far as Leads and Contacts. It's also entirely possible that Facebook's API reset itself and caused a slight interruption between our two systems. 

Generally if you're seeing any discrepancies, you'll want to download the leads from Facebook and import them into our system through that file, since Facebook's Business Manager and Ad Manager systems will be the most up-to-date on the ad's performance.

William D

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Ok William thanks so far,

Now there are more things happening:

1. The Facebook Leads aren't entering to CC but it looks that Facebook is doing his own thing. I entered € 100 for this campaign through CC, in the meantime FB already has collected 3 times € 200 from my Paypal acount, how is that possible? and how to stop?

2. I imported the leads from FB myself, but from Facebook the csv list has first name and last in name in the sam column, so I have to change that by hand, is there a way to make this more easy?

3. I have entered an "Welcome Email" it is activated, but it has only been send to 3 email addresses (incuding one to my self as a test), why is it not sending to all the email addresses on the list "Facebook Lead Ads"?

Please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks

Miranda

(MI-Yoga!)

Highlighted

Hello @MirandaB7 ,

1. Regarding your Billing, I'd reach out to Facebook's support regarding that, since it shouldn't be the case. It's possible the put holds on your account based on Ad Performance, but it'd be safest to reach out to them for the billing issue.
  2. Facebook should have a way to export the contacts with last names separate, especially since the sign up form itself requires they be separate. You may need to reach out to Facebook's support for more info regarding this.
  3. Regarding the Welcome Email, this type of automation generally only triggers off of a sign up form addition, not manual additions. Since there is a known issue with Facebook's API, and the details are a bit nuanced, I've sent a follow up email to you. Feel free to review that, and respond back with any other questions you have.

William D

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured