cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Need for one email to be able to register multiple times for an event

Need for one email to be able to register multiple times for an event

I am using Constant Contact for registrations for a church Summer Camp. We need separate registrations for each camper. We are having a problem with parents who are trying to register more than one child. The limit of one registration per one email address is VERY FRUSTRATING!! There should be a way to allow the same email to register more than one participant for an event. Please call me if you need clarification on my problem:**Removed By Moderator**. Thank you!!

• Find more ideas tagged with:
55 Comments
All Star
I am wondering why your program only allows me to use an email address once per event? Thomas N: Great question Patty, I'd be happy to take a look at this with you. Thomas N: So our EventSpot system is setup so that an email address can only be entered once to prevent people from registering multiple times and causing confusion for you. You: Here's why it's a problem. We use your program for parish and school events. The parish secretary might register 5 people using their email. Then they get three more people wanting to attend. When the secretary goes to register the next three, what email should she use, so she gets the confirmation to give to the bookkeeper? Thomas N: I understand the concern here. So what they would need to do is use a different email address, or you can cancel the initial registration and they can re-register with the new names. I would recommend putting in some feedback about this though. You have to make sure this works for you, and so do we. Thomas N: And there is a little feedback option at the bottom right hand corner when you're on the dashboard for your event that you can use. You: No - neither of those are good timesaving options. They are just work arounds for a poorly thought out process. We have learned to work with multiple formulas to make the downloaded reports work for registration lists. I will put my suggestion on the feedback button, Sorry to use the wrong format for a product revision suggestion.
Status changed to: New
Thanks for sharing this feedback, Amber.

The Email restrictions are killing me! I need to register participants in Constant Contact who registered before the event was live and I don't have email addresses for them. I would like to use one generic email address, but it won't allow me to do that. This is going to be a big problem now, and potentially in the future. We're just starting to use the Events and just ran into this issue.

Maybe there could be an option for a "Group" that would allow more than one registration to be tied to an email address.
Occasional Contributor

It appears that once someone purchases an event and thus registers a name onto the database, that this person cannot buy other events. Nobody told us that when we set up our multiple event dates. Nobody has told me that during 6++ support calls, including today when I was on the phone close to an hour - until the last rep I spoke to moments ago that said CC CANNOT do that, period. Once a name is entered on the registration list that person cannot buy another event, unless that person happens to have 6 different emails and remembers which email he signed up with at that point. I need clarification of that at your earliest convenience as we need to start up a new season of concert dates - like last week. We are a ticketed event w/ 6 different dates throughout the year: a season pkg plus 5 individual dates. Someone might want a season and then decide he wants 2 more tickets for another single date later on. Or someone may not want the season pkg, but they do want to come to the Oct event, then later on decide they want to come to the March event. I'm told by this last rep that CC NO CAN DO. I need a firm, knowledgeable clarification, please.

Visitor
Give a choice re whether to enforce unique email address.

All Star
I work with family events and requiring first and last name without allowing me to edit the field to say "father's name" is frustrating. This form generator is not set up to deal with family registrations at all.

Loading script asynchronously