Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Video link 'blocked' on Constant Contacts

SophieK2
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi, I've been trying to add a video link to my landing page/email and the Youtube link keeps coming up as 'blocked' when clicked.

I've tried linking a picture as I know the embedded video feature is just another link, and I've tested both with public and unlisted videos but they're still blocked. I've also tried as just a link via button but nothing either.

Is this because it's a Youtube link? I'd use Vimeo but the video is too big and our office won't need to use Vimeo so no point getting an upgrade for it to work. 

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SophieK2 ,

Is the "blocked" an error message from us, or from YouTube itself? Are you running any VPNs or browser extensions that would be preventing the link from being accessible? Are you using YouTube's Share function to grab the URL, or are you getting the URL from elsewhere? Is the URL you're using one that's only accessible by the owner of the YouTube account (i.e. an admin / editing URL)? Does putting the YouTube's video's link into a URL shortener, and using that shortened URL allow the links to work?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that @SophieK2. Were you able to resolve this? 

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

SophieK2
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi,

I realised that I was trying to send the comms piece via landing page, not email. The video or links to the video didn't work in the landing page so I ended up sending it via email in the end, but was there a reason why it didn't work through a landing page?

I don't think there was any issue in the link as the video belonged to the main user's Youtube account. But considering it worked via email, I think maybe it's an issue on CC's end? Not quite sure here

But main issue was fixed in the end :smileyface:

Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

That’s interesting. Do you know if the Youtube video was private or unlisted by any chance?

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

SophieK2
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

It was unlisted and didn't try it public but it was strange that it didn't work

Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

That’s interesting...I'll conduct some more research on this and see what information I can uncover.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST