Announcing Campaign Builder! Available now.

Formatting Bar Hiding Text in Text Box

AmyD19027
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Within the last week or so, When entering text into a box, the menu bar with formatting options covers the first line of text, whether there is only one line of text in the box or there are full paragraphs. It's hard to edit a line you can't see! Is this happening to anyone else? I've tried it in Safari and Chrome. Can this be fixed?

9 REPLIES 9
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AmyD19027 ,

I'm not seeing this reflected in the emails I'm editing within my own account.

If you're still using the older third-generation editor (3GE) for building your emails, I'd advise zooming out on your browser screen.

Otherwise, I'd advise swapping over to the current email builder - the Cross-Platform/Device Editor (CPE). The CPE has a docked formatting toolbar at the top of the builder, which scrolls with you as you edit a block. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
AmyD19027
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

See the JPG for what I am seeing. Notice that the first line of the first paragraph is covered by the formatting bar and the scrollbar on the right side is as high as it can go. I have used CC for years, and I'm using the same resolution I always do. (I think I have dragged my JPG to this communication but I don't see it there. Let me know if you don't see it.)

AmyD19027
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

AmyD19027_0-1709853499681.png

Here's the JPG.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AmyD19027 ,

Are you absolutely sure that scroll bar is all the way up? I still can't recreate what you're describing from my end, even in your account and emails. 

scrolls all the way up.png

(I tried to black out any potentially sensitive names or details regarding the email and survey, please let me know if there's still info you want me to black out, or if you want me to remove my screencap proof altogether) 

At this point if you can't resolve the issue by simply scrolling up on your device or zooming out, I'd advise calling into general support so they can screenshare and try to capture the behavior live with you. 

William A
AmyD19027
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I'm absolutely sure. I'll contact general support.

ChristianaN1
Rookie
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue.  No matter how far I zoom out (even beyond 50%), I still can't see what I am editing. It makes using Constant Contact for outreach impossible as so much time is wasted just trying to work around this issue.  If it isn't resolved soon, we will cancel our account and switch to another service.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChristianaN1 ,

I just checked your account's most recent draft, and I'm not able to recreate the issue you're describing at all. Have you tried zooming out on your browser screen?

William A
ChristianaN1
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William.

If you look at my most current draft and try to add something to the line that begins with Dear Dr., you'll see the issue.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

It sounds like you may need to zoom out on your browser screen, or scroll up?

no issues with formatting bar.png

Since I'm unable to recreate the issue from my side, if you still can't resolve or identify the issue from your side then I'd advise calling general support so they can screenshare and see what you're referring to. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST