Contacts not getting imported, but can be added and updated with exact same details

RyanE6
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi there,

We're having an issue where the API does not import a significant number of contacts and it's unclear as to why. It seems that the problematic contacts can be added or updated successfully when done individually, but when done in bulk there are either cryptic errors such as "Error: contact_fields.value", or no error and the contact is simply not imported.

I can provide logs of a recent import where this happens, but due to the personal data contained within, I cannot share them on this forum. Is there a better means to reach out to support for this kind of issue?

What I probably can share here is the Activity ID, which is 3675b3a0-ded7-11ed-9a65-fa163ec497be. 

{
    "items_total_count": 837,
    "items_completed_count": 500,
    "person_count": 279,
    "error_count": 259,
    "correctable_count": 3,
    "cannot_add_to_list_count": 0
}

The end result appears to be 282 contacts being imported. 

Can someone help us with this?

Ryan

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

We have reached out to you via email (to the address on file from the account this was posted from) regarding your issue to request some additional information in order to better assist with troubleshooting. 

If you haven't received our reply, please let us know via email at webservices@constantcontact.com, and reference case number 31073092.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.