gkv_dev

CCSFG : Mandatory Checkbox w/ Link

I'd love to be able to hand this tool over to account people to make their own forms with, but there's one key element missing - very often we need a checkbox next to a link that says something like "I agree to the Terms and Conditions". I can't imagine we're particularly alone in this; is there any chance of adding one or multiple fields for "place this HTML field next to a checkbox - this checkbox is mandatory - highlight it if it is not selected and a submit is attempted" - something along those lines?

CTCT Employee
bsoder

check box to agree to terms and conditions

Hello,

I agree that this would be a great option to have built into the Constant Contact sign up form generator. I am going to inform our Web Services developers of your request. It would also be possible to modify the current CCSFG and add this functionality. If you are going to try this and need any help, please let us know and we can assist you in adding this feature on your end.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Regular Visitor
webw

Re: check box to agree to terms and conditions

is this feature available?

DaveBerard
Topics: 7
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 58

At this time, this is not an available option by default in the CCFSG module.  We are not currently doing any additional feature support for this free tool.  It is intended to be a basic and simple way to create a signup form or to help developers get started with our API.  It is certainly possible to put a required check box onto the form using HTML and JavaScript.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Visitor
webw

Dave

I am using the constant contacts as a paid subscriber not a free trial

i have tried to talk to them to get advice on how to put a check box in but they keep sending me to you guys

is it possible to insert a check box that is a required field on the form it s basically to get a user to agree to my terms before being added

many thanks

DaveBerard
Topics: 7
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 58

Sorry for the confusion there, I meant that CCFSG is a free tool we give away for people who are looking for a quick and simple start to using our API to create signup forms.  I'll check with our PHP developer support on our end to see if this is something we can easily help with, though any customizations like this to CCFSG generally required the developer (such as yourself) to customize it further. 

Will update soon.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
CTCT Employee
David_J

There is a number of different ways to make sure a checkbox was checked in order to submit the form, but one of the more common ways would be using javascript.

While I'm not sure if building this type of validationg into the CCSFG by default is something we're ready to do, this is a standalone example of validating to make sure that one checkbox is submitted before actually doing so. You could make a few modifications to force your form to submit to this JS function, which you could have check and specific box in your HTML form.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function checkme() {
    if (!document.form.agree.checked) {
        missinginfo = " You must agree to the terms";
        alert(missinginfo);
        return false;
    } else {
        return true;
    }
}
</script>

<form name="form" method="post" action="#" onSubmit="return checkme();">
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr><td>Email: </td>
<td> <input type="text" size="20" name="email"></td>
</tr><tr>
<td colspan="2" align="center"><input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="agree_terms"> I agree to the terms</td>
</tr><tr>
<td colspan="2" align="center"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this and I'll be happy to help. Thanks!

David J