Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Looking for feedback on Poll Worker training newsletter

ElectionO
Campaign Expert

https://conta.cc/3wNsgin

Hello,

We send Election Day info to poll workers the week prior to Election Day, including training reminders, last minute info, and a reminder of their assignment. We are looking for ways to best communicate with our workforce, keeping in mind that the average age of a poll worker in our county is 60 years old. 

Thank you!

-Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @ElectionO,

Thanks for sharing your work! It's an incredibly important job, so understandable you would want everything to be clear and organized for your poll workers.

As I'm not an expert in your particular industry, I don't know what should be important but I would review the email and consider what is the most important piece of information you want your contacts to see. Most people don't spend very long viewing a single email, so whatever you absolutely want them to see should be at the top. For example, towards the bottom of the email I see a section called "Your Election Day Assignment" which uses dynamic content to notify them of their specific job and location. To me, this is an important call-to-action and could be at the top of the email.

Looking at the bullet points towards the top, are those reflected anywhere else? Such as on your website? If so, you could use a Read More block to call out the content, but then link back to the page where it's hosted so they can review it there. If you've sent similar emails in the past, I would review your click rate to see how many clicks you're getting. If you're not getting a lot of clicks, then maybe it would be better to keep the information contained in the email itself. But the line of thinking is that you don't want the email to get too long, so if you can offload copy to a website that might be better suited to display it, I recommend that.

My last immediate thought is pay attention to the headers for the different sections. In a couple spots you have an image that is left or right aligned with the header. I recommend leaving the header on its own line so it's clear the reader is looking at a separate section.

If I think of anything else, I'll hop back in!

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

ElectionO
Campaign Expert

Nick, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback, this is very helpful!

Nick_S
Administrator

I'm glad it's helpful! Don't hesitate to come back and share an updated template if you make any changes to it. 🙂

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

I also wanted to chime in here and say that I love the feedback you've been giving to others @ElectionO ! I hope that we'll see you around 😁

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST