The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CC Client App in Flash

Highlighted

CC Client App in Flash

Would I be able to communicate directly with the ConstantContact API from within a Flex/ActionScript app or would I need to use a (PHP) proxy.  I noticed you have a crossdomain.xml set up on the api.constantcontact.com root however it seems as if permission is restricted to apps developed on intuit's partner platform (workplace.intuit.com).  Coincidentally, this is exactly where I'm developing however I'm curious if, while developing, I'll be able to make calls locally in a debug environment.

Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

flash integration

Hello,

At this time you will need to use an integration with another language such as PHP or ColdFusion, due to the Flash runtime not accessing sites that it does not have permission to, as defined in the crossdomain.xml file hosted on the site.

Our engineers are looking into possibly updating the crossdomain.xml file so that access is given to flash, but at this time I do not have an estimated time that it may be available if we do update the crossdomain file. If we do make any updates regarding that, we were certainly post that on this site.

If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured