The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Cannot get CCSFG_0.0.6 to set up.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Cannot get CCSFG_0.0.6 to set up.

I have placed the folder in /public_html.  And used the URL http://{mysite.com}/CCSFS_0.0.6/setup to try and configure the form generator for first time use.  The title in the tab indicated Page not found (500 error), and the error.log file that is generated has the following entry in it.

[14-Oct-2011 10:52:10] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/sitename/public_html/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/header.php on line 1

Folder and sub-folder permissions are 755, and php permissions are 644.

(Note: {mysite.com} is not what I am "actually" using.  Just used for example purposes.

And sitename is not the ACTUAL path.  I just renamed it here for the sake of this post.

Also, no debug log is created.

Thanks for any suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Cannot get CCSFG_0.0.6 to set up.

Hey,

Typically this happens when something went wrong during the upload.  I would suggest trying to re-upload it and use binary mode to help eliminate that error. 

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot get CCSFG_0.0.6 to set up.

You know.  I was mildly curious about that, since the header file looked different in a text editor when opening it on the site vs. how it looked in that same text editor on my local drive.

Forcing a binary transfer fixed it. 

A million thanks

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured