The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Contact create returns different response .. arbitrarily

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Contact create returns different response .. arbitrarily

I am getting 2 different kinds of responses when I issue Contact-Create command thru API. 

response1: https://gist.github.com/2721886

response2: https://gist.github.com/2721878

The response1 has only one entry for <ContactLists>, whereas response2 has duplicate (2) entries for <ContactLists>. This is causing our side of the service to break. It seems to happen arbitrarily, if I call create few times in a row.

Can somebody explain why the response(s) are different?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Contact create returns different response .. arbitrarily

Hello,

I don't have an answer for you straight away, but I've brought your question to the attention of our API Support team at large, and will try to make sure someone follows up with more information as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Highlighted

Hey Shaan,

I've never seen this come up before, so I don't have an immediate answer on what could be causing this. It would be really helpful if you could use RESTClient to make the same calls, in an attempt to receive this bad response, because with this program you can save the request-response as an archive, and we can open it on our end to investigate.

If you aren't able to replicate this using RESTClient, it's possible that the issue may be some sort of improper formatting somewhere inside of your program. If that's the case, you can always send some of your files to webservices@constantcontact.com, and we can do our best to go through it.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted

Hi Shaan,

During further testing, we've been able to replicate this on our end. We're currently taking a look into this, sorry for the inconvenience.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured