The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Get Bounce List of an Email Campaign using C# library

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Get Bounce List of an Email Campaign using C# library

Hi,

I need to get the list of bounced contact for email campaigns.

Also need to filter this list based on bounce type i.e. Non-existent address, etc

Is there a way to list all the bounce and also search by description using the C# library?

I know there is a way to get the XML response for bounces, but its a pain going through the XML response to retrieve the required information.

Thanks,

Nabeel

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Get Bounce List of an Email Campaign using C# library

Hi Nabeel,

This is definitely possible, but the functionality doesn't currently exist in the .NET library. We'll start some work on getting this implemented, but unfortunately this is on our backlog, so I'm not expecting this to be available for some time. If you follow the project on github, you can be notified the next time we push updates to the code.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick,

I am using 

Utility.httpGet(authData,https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/ accountName /campaigns/ campaignId /events/bounces)

to get the bounces.

But this returns only the first 50. I see the response has a URL with query string parameter next=999. but Utility.httpGet(authData, url+?next=999)

doesnt return and records. Any Idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Nabee;

Highlighted

Hey Nab,

That's actually something on the back-end of the API that we're looking at getting fixed. Next links (specifically for bounces) are not returning proper results right now. The engineers are taking a look into it, and we'll post an update to the forum when a fix is deployed. Sorry about that!

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Please let me know when its resolved.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick 

Is the issue resolved?

Thanks,

Nabeel

Highlighted

Hi Nab,

We still haven't been able to get work started on the update to the C# Library. The bounce links issue is currently being worked on - I'll be sure to update you when it has been resolved. Sorry for the delay.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted

Wanted to give an update on this issue Nabeel.  Dev team has this in our backlog to get to but we also have a large amount of work we already have in progress.  Will keep looking at this to see where we can squeeze this in. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. Could you give me an approx time frame by when you could resolve this?

Thanks,

Nabeel

Highlighted

Generally speaking, we don't put timelines on releasing fixes or new features.  We develop in an agile model here and pull work in as we complete work.  That said, we're currently looking at this for our November release.  This is subject to change at any time due to prioritization, complexity of the work and unforseen changes in our dev schedule. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured