The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

How to retrieve user list from a campaign?

Highlighted
Participant

How to retrieve user list from a campaign?

Hello,

We have a requirement where we need the list of contacts under a particular campaign. For example today if we send a email campaign to 1000 users and just by providing the campaign id I should get the list of contact ids. Is it possible to get these records? Please do let me know the details.

Regards,

Elango

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee

It is possible to get the

It is possible to get the List Id's that the email was sent to however it is not possible to get a list of the specific contacts directly from the email details.

While it is possible to drill down and retrieve the contacts based on the list id, it is not 100% accurate as the return data will be the current list of contacts on that list and not necessarily the contacts that were on the list at the time the email was sent.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Highlighted

Clarification

So the only way for me to see the list of users who got the email campaign and their corresponding actions is to use the website? Is there any plans to add this functionality to the api?

Thanks,

Marc

Highlighted

You can get the list of sends

You can get the list of sends for any given campaign by accessing the events collection for that campaign.  Here is a sample of how the request would look:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{username}/campaigns/{campaign-id}/events/sends

Please note, this is a pagenated return list of 50 contacts at a time, you would have to loop through to get the full list of contacts.  You can find more information on the Events collection for campaigns here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/doc/campaignEvents.

Currently there is no way to export the sends list to a CSV file through the API as there is in the UI.  We are looking to add this functionality in the future.  So far, the demand has been low though.  If you are looking for some sort of Export feature through our Bulk Activities API, please let me know and I'll pass that on to our Product Strategy group.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: You can get the list of sends

How can i capture the send out contacts from the constant contact. Is there any sample to to do this?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Employee

Re: You can get the list of sends

Hey,

As Dave mentioned above you can do a GET to your events/sends collection to gather your information.  You can read more about it here.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted

Useful for me too

This would be useful for me too.

Every month I give our sales team a report on their customers' interactions with our monthly newsletter. If I could easily pull a list of contacts, the links they clicked, and their opt-out or fwd activities via csv file, that would be great.

thanks,

Dan Sullivan

Marketing Coordinator, Norlight, Inc.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured