cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Issue with updating using AddContactsMultipartActivity

Occasional Contributor

Issue with updating using AddContactsMultipartActivity

I use the CC API to update all my users details however the AddContactsMultipartActivity function doesn't seem to update the users with their currently details. For example, if i change a users company and run the import the company does not change in CC. New users get added fine it just doesn't seem to update the existing users in CC. Any ideas what could cause this?

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with updating using AddContactsMultipartActivity

Hello,

Since you're using multipart upload, the most likely reason is due to the column names in the spreadsheet, but it is possible that something else could be happening. Is it possible for you to provide a sample of the column names and a row or two of the data you're uploading? If you can, you will want to replace the email addresses before posting it here.

Additionally, you can review the exact column names that we use for mapping data in this document: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/bulk_activities_api/bulk-activities-addcontact-multipart.h...

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Elijah,

Example import has been attached.

Honored Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for providing an example file. I created a test contact in my own account and used your test file without making any changes and I was able to see that contacts were being updated, including their company name. As a rule the bulk import activities are always add+update actions and should result in your contacts being updated.

Since what you're seeing does not appear to line up with what should be happening, the next step is probably to email us directly at webservices@constantcontact.com so that you can provide specifics of some contacts that are not being updated, as well as a copy of the file upload that would be used to update them. That would allow us to review a specific case that appears to be wrong and provide you with some details.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer