cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My App Got Rejected by the App Store for using the Constant Contact OAUTH2 Api

Participant

My App Got Rejected by the App Store for using the Constant Contact OAUTH2 Api

Hi All:
My app (ProspectSnap) uses MailChimp OAUTH2 and it got rejected by the App Store.
The reason for this is because of a new rule related to opening links inside your app that could lead to the user signing up for 3rd party services.
Please see these links on the App Store's 11.13 rule and how DropBox api developers have been affected:

Basically, my app and any other app using Constant Contact's OAUTH login screen will get rejected unless the following are removed:

• Login with Facebook
  • Login with Yahoo
  • Forgot Password link
  • Any link that could go anywhere else

I spoke to Steve Rea from Apple's Developer relations and he explained it all in a lot of detail and I can forward his email replies to anybody at Constant Contact that wants to see proof.

Is it possible to get a new version of the login page that only has a login form in order to meet Apple's requirements?
17 REPLIES 17
Trusted Contributor

Re: My App Got Rejected by the App Store for using the Constant Contact OAUTH2 Api

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I also got your email sent to our webservices email address. We are looking into this, and will provide an update when we have more information. 

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Participant

Re: My App Got Rejected by the App Store for using the Constant Contact OAUTH2 Api

Thx Mark

Thanks for reporting this.  We've investigated it on our end and we are indeed in violation of rule 11.13.  We are looking into how we need to change our OAuth/Login flow to comply with this rule.  While the intention of your use of our OAuth is certainly not to allow selling of our application and selling our application is in no way related to your applications function with OAuth, Apple has recently become far more strict in their enforcement of rule 11.13 and we are now in violation of that rule. 

Once we have additional information about how and when we will have a fix for this, we will be sure to get that out to our developer ecosystem.  We are working with our rep at Apple to ensure we have a complete understanding of everything needed to be in compliance and will make sure that we are in no way an impediment to your app being approved in the future.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Participant

Thx Dave!

Participant

Hi Dave:

Was hoping you could please give an update on how things are going. Any estimate on when the fix can get pushed out?

We have identified everything we need to fix and are currently planning to release the fix during our next scheduled code release, which is currently set for Thurs morning of his week.  It's worth mentioning that one of the problems is with the Yahoo! login page, not Constant Contact, so while we are working with Yahoo! to address this issue on their side, we are likely going to have to remove them as a login option until they have fixed the issue on their end as well.  This should have minimal impact to most Constant Contact customers since this is a very new way to sign up for Constant Contact but we do apologize for this inconvenience. 

Dave Berard
Participant

Thx for the update Dave!

Participant

Hi Dave:

Just following up... I noticed that the login form did not get updated yesterday. Was it able to make the build?

I was informed that the fix was live and the releas is out there, however I am still able to replicate the Yahoo! login problems as well.  Will work with our engineering staff to check on this. 

Dave Berard