The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Need help retrieving statistics from our monthly newsletter

Highlighted

Need help retrieving statistics from our monthly newsletter

We've been using CC for over 2 years.  Each month we send out a newsletter to about 10,000 folks and we include various links throughout the mailer.  With each click, Constant Contact tracks who clicked the link and when.

I want to track who clicked on what link from each mailer.  Right now the only way to do that is to open each newsletter we sent, look at the list of our links, click on the number of clicks associated with that link, export or copy that information out to a file.  This is really time consuming, as we often have 10+ links in each mailer.

As we do not have developer expertise within our small organization, I would like to contract someone on a paid basis to create a program that will open each mailer we send and export the results to a spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet would have tabs for each link and the contact information for the people that accessed that link.  It would also have a final tab for everyone that opened the newsletter.

Can someone contact me at arachmiel@brightstarpartners.com if they are interested in writing this application for us?

Thanks in advance!

Andy Rachmiel

BrightStar Partners, Inc.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Need help retrieving statistics from our monthly newsletter

Hi Andy,

This is a great case for using our API to feed this data to you without having to go through the process of logging into our website every time. This also allows you to grab only the information that you are looking for, and present it the way you want to see it.

You (or your developer) would likely want to look at Obtaining a Campaign's Results which will allow you to pull reporting/tracking information for a specific campaign such as clicks, opens, bounces..etc. You would also want to look at Obtaining Campaign Results for a Contact which will retrieve tracking information for a specific contact rather than a campaign. Once this data is pulled, you would want to place it in spreadsheet and distribute it however you see fit.

I would encourage you to take a look at the Constant Contact MarketPlace - which has numerous solutions providers for this type of request that have experience dealing with Constant Contact integrations.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured