The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Sending a "test" e-mail using the API

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Sending a "test" e-mail using the API

We are using the Schedule Campaign API to set up mailings from our site, and I've gotten a request from one of the users to add a feature to send a test e-mail first, or alternately to pop open something like on Constant Contact's site, where they can see a preview of the e-mail with all the extra CC tags parsed. Is there a simple way to go about this? Or do I have to schedule the campaign as normal, and send it to a test list?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

previewing and sending test emails

Hello,

Currently our scheduling API only schedules email from DRAFT to SCHEDULED. There is no functionality at this time to send out preview emails through our system. In order to send out a preview email at this time you would need to go into the user interface and send the preview.

Previewing an email through Constant Contact must also be done through the UI at this time, but you could also create an area of your program that views a display of the content nodes HTML of the particular email.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

linking into CC's UI

Ben, that's what I was afraid of. The way the software works right now, it displays the rendered HTML to the user, but doesn't include the Constant-Contact-specific stuff like the greeting/salutation line or the footer. I suppose the best way to show them that is to send them over to the CC site itself: is there a way for me to construct a direct link into the correct page (e.g. handle the login in the background, and send them to the page about a specific campaign)?

Highlighted
Employee

preview emails

Hi

At this time there really is no way to see a preview of a Constant Contact email without actually logging into the UI, which would require the username and password. The only work around that I can see for this at the moment would be to do a full send to a test list when you would like to see a preview before the sends. However, this is not really meant to be used like this, and there is a 10 minute wait for the full send to go out.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured