Unsubscribe link on the email - User removed from all lists

Highlighted
Regular Participant

Unsubscribe link on the email - User removed from all lists

We have a requirement where are single email address has subscribed to multiple lists. However when a user clicks on the unsubscribe link on the email, they are removed from all the list and added to the Do-Not-Mail list, irrespective of the lists through which they received a particular email.

1. Is there a method by which this behavior can be avoided?

2. Can some customization be done around the un-subscribe link where we bring the user to our site when they click the un-subscribe link, so that we can take care of giving the user the option from which of our lists they wish to unsubscribe?

Thanks in advance,

-Moiz Tankiwala

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

When a user clicks the

When a user clicks the unsubscribe link in an email they are brought to a page where they can decide to either unsubscribe from all lists of the senders account or continue to receive emails from the lists that they specify. When choosing to remain on certain lists they are provided with all of the available lists and are shown what lists they currently belong to.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Highlighted
Regular Participant

I do not see the options that you mentioned

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response. I would like to point out that I am seeing the options as you mentioned them. See the image below, which shows the new window that I immediately see on clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.

The image is located at: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3a43b03977.jpg

Image showing the new window that open up on clicking unsubscribe

The recepient of this email is a member of 5 lists and yet, there is no option to select the lists to unsubscribe to. There is only a blanket unsubscribe. Am I doing something wrong?

Dan, on a side note, I came across this post while searching for another issue, and I am experiencing what you have described in your reply there (contrary to what you have mentioned in the reply above). I may not have explained my problem corretly, so please let me know if you need any more information.

If, after all a user unsubscribing is meant to unsubscribe from the an account rather than a mailing list of the account, what are the steps involved to add the user back (or have him/her removed from the the DO-NOT-MAIL list).

Thanks in advance,

Moiz Tankiwala PMP

Highlighted
Regular Participant

I only had one list that was publicly visible

I just realized that I only had one list that was public i.e. viewable to users when they join and un-join. I went the list properties on the Manage Contacts page and set enabled all my lists to be avaialbe on the Join My Mailing List Form. The moment I did that, the options to select the list now shows up on the un-subscribe page that the users go to when they click the unsubscribe link. See the image at http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0c118c616e.jpg

With that issue being solved, there is another issue that I am running into. Since that is different that the original post here, I am careating a new thread here.

Thanks in advance,

Moiz Tankiwala PMP

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured