cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some of our customers are experiencing difficulty logging in. We are aware of this issue and are working on resolving it as quickly as we can. Check our status page for updates

WARNING: DUPLICATE EMAILS NOW ACCEPTED THROUGH APIs

Valued Developer

Re: WARNING: DUPLICATE EMAILS NOW ACCEPTED THROUGH APIs

I've put the "add an additional field" workaround in place. I'll look forward to your bug fix, but this will do in the meantime.

Can you provide an update regarding correcting the duplicate contacts? I have close to 20,000 duplicates in my account!

Will check on the update with our Contacts engineering team today, though I don't believe we will have one in hand this side of the holiday. We do have a fix in testing now for the issue itself which we believe will resolve all the duplicates without any further changes by any developers.  Once they have completed verifying the test, they will move on to the data cleanup work.   Working on the old adage of trying to stop digging the hole deeper first before we start to fix the damage. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Valued Developer

On a separate note, what happened to developer.constantcontact.com? It's redirecting to www and the developer pages seem to be missing.

Just checked on our internal network and from an external ISP network (Comcast) and both resolved the developer website correctly.  Are you being redirected when going to http://developer.constantcontact.com or a different page?

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Valued Developer

I'm redirected to http://www.constantcontact.com/welcomeback... but I think it's a cookie issue, as I can open it in an incognito tab. I'll clear my cache and give it another shot. 

Valued Developer

I'm attempting to move to the V2 API for my bulk activities, but I'm having some difficulty doing so. 

My first issue is with the Remove Contacts - Bulk Activities API. I'm posting the following json :

{"import_data":[{"email_addresses":["test@mydomain.com"]}],"lists":["62"]}

And I get the following response:

{"id":"a07e8lacr64hohnu22p","type":"REMOVE_CONTACTS_FROM_LISTS","error_count":0,"contact_count":1}

When I check on the activity status, I get the following response, which is showing a bunch of errors. 

{"id":"a07e8lacr64hohnu22p","type":"REMOVE_CONTACTS_FROM_LISTS","status":"COMPLETE","errors":[{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""},{"message":"test@mydomain.com","line_number":0,"email_address":""}],"warnings":[],"start_date":"2013-11-26T21:32:37.559Z","finish_date":"2013-11-26T21:32:40.018Z","created_date":"2013-11-26T21:32:04.225Z","error_count":23,"contact_count":1}

Are these errors related to the duplicates in my account? The contact is not removed from the list I've requested, so whatever is happening is causing the action to fail. 

Also, bulk activities added through the API don't show up on the UI Activities page (https://contacts-ui.constantcontact.com/ui/accounts/{account_id}/activities/). They used to show up there, but now I'm stuck having to make API calls to check on my bulk activities. That's a disappointing loss of functionality. 

Regular Advisor

Hello,

The errors you got back are because of the duplicate contacts.  We don't have a method for developers to clear out duplicate contacts right now.  We will most likely be removing the duplicates ourselves once the bug has been fixed.

You should still be able to view the bulk activities performed by the API through the UI.  The URL may have changed.  When you look at your contacts in the UI, there is a tab labeled "Activity" that should provide that information.

Regards,

Andrew B.

Constant Contact, API Support

EDIT:

Sorry, you are correct.  The new UI does not currently show API activities.  I have been told that this is supposed to be fixed in the near future, but I don't have a time for this.

Valued Developer

This is frustrating. Everything was working fine until the "upgrade." 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Valued Developer

Can we get an update re: duplicate contact removal? I'm sick of searching through thousands of duplicates.

Valued Developer

Anyone? Update? Please? 

This is getting ridiculous.