I got this error
com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceBadResponseException in ContactsAPIServiceImpl.processBadResponseEntity. User Data:
twice in a row for the same set of contacts. This does not seem like a coincidental occurence of hitting a 1% error. There must be a specific problem.
The error I see in the UI is "One contact was un-subscribed and could not be added to a list."
I didn't think adding a contact with an unsubscribed email address caused an issue in the past. Even so, I doubled checked the contacts and made sure none of them was unsubscribed. None of them were.
What's up with this?
I'm getting this exact same issue today. Need help. We were supposed to push out an email campaign today, and because of this failure, most of our contacts ended up getting removed from lists. I can't add them back now...
If it helps, it's not every bulk activity. I can't seem to find a link between the ones that do encounter this issue, though.
I just replied to another, similar, thread, but this is also being caused by the issues we're having with the bulk upload service failing sometimes. We are hoping that changes we are releasing next Friday, in one week, will resolve most or all of these cases. I am truly sorry for the frustration this has caused.
Partner API Support Engineer
In the post Shannon mentioned: "We are hoping that changes we are releasing next Friday, in one week, will resolve most or all of these cases". I did not see that an update was done. Was the fixed released on Friday 5/9 or was it delayed. Thanks.
We ran into some delays while doing our final stage testing. This is a big change and we didn't want to have any issues released which could be worse than the ones we were facing. We got through our tests and cleared the release, but it was unfortunately very late on Friday night when we completed this and didn't want to release this over the weekend without anyone watching things real time.
We are in the process of rolling this release out now. Should see this completely in production and importing bulk activities correctly again by early afternoon EST.
We tried this morning to upload Contacts into Constant Contact via the API and it errored out. We did not recieve the RovingServer Exception error. The error we have is: "Error on sync: Error in sending request to Constant Contact (HTTP Status Code: 500"). Was the release finalized yesterday or is it still in progress? Still not able to upload contacts. Thanks.
We'd like to investigate this further. Could you send us your username, api key, and the data you sent over when the error occurred to firstname.lastname@example.org?
Thanks in advance.
Partner API Support Engineer
We have multiple constant contact accounts for three different states. I sent an email to webservices this morning referencing the error we got concerning this problem for one of other constant contacts account where we are having the biggest problem.
We now have multiple clients reporting the 500 internal server error. You guys need to get this fixed ASAP. They are at a standstill until this gets fixed. This is completely unacceptable now.
We have identified the problem and prioritized this issue to be fixed so that we can have it deployed as quickly as possible. This fix will be deployed as a Hotfix so that we can have it available as soon as it is ready rather than being required to wait for the next release. We should have an update tomorrow on the status of this issue for you.
I do want to offer my sincere apologies for this issue and I definitely understand that this is a major interruption for integrations and causing a significantly degraded experience for users of affected integrations. We are working to get it resolved as quickly as we can, and implementing additional advanced logging to allow us to address issues of this type more quickly in the future.
If you do have any questions for us, please feel free to reply to this post.