cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Add Subject and Header Info to Preview Screen

Add Subject and Header Info to Preview Screen

At some point after a previous update, the Subject line and header info (From:, Reply To:) were removed from the email "Preview" screen. PLEASE add this information back.  I don't always remember if I changed my subject line from the default and have been sending test messages without changing it because it's no longer visible in the preview screen (which acts as a reminder to change it before sending).

Thank you.

6 Comments
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @Marisa_M, thanks for sharing this feedback! I've opened this idea up for voting so we can get additional input from other users. Make sure to "KUDO" this idea if you agree!

Occasional Advisor

Thanks Chris. I tried to "KUDO" the idea but am unable to do so. I suppose because it's my own idea? Just wanted to let you know.

CTCT Employee

Hey @Marisa_M, that is correct. The original creator of a post wouldn't be able to Kudo it, however, users that see the post and agree with it are able to do so. 

Why is the From and Subject line missing from the new Preview update?  As of today's update, that information is no longer in the preview pane.  We send 7 emails a day for various clients.  We use the custom code option in creating emails.  When scheduling emails, we used to click Preview to double check that the From has been changed to the clients name and that the Subject Line has had the word DRAFT removed.  At the end of the day, we double check what is scheduled for the next day to assure all emails are scheduled for the correct date & time with the correct From and Subject. To do this we would look at the list of scheduled emails, then click on the preview thumbnail for each.  Now we have to actually "edit" the email to double check that everything is correct.  Again, WHY did you remove the From and subject information from the preview pane?  Now, if you were to add the From and Subject Line to the Campaign list view text, along with the scheduled time, once scheduled (SCHEDULED Custom Code Email; Scheduled for May 3, 2019 1:00pm; From... Subject...), that would be even more helpful and efficient, we would simply look at the list text to assure everything is scheduled correctly.  And as mentioned in previous posts, it would be great if when viewing the list of scheduled emails we could sort by scheduled date/time, as they are not modified in the order in which they are going to be sent.

Wow, this update just rolled out to us today, I see many have had to deal with this for several months now.  This update stinks.  For some reason CC likes to break things when trying to fix things...

All Star

Unfortunately it's a pretty common issue with CTCT they always seem to take one tiny step forward and 2 giant steps back. Sometimes they skip the tiny step. They also really don't care about power users.