CRT-310-Blog-graphic-796x316.png

Google and Yahoo are implementing new guidelines for bulk email senders in early 2024 to protect against spam, fraud and phishing. These changes will also improve your deliverability.

The good news? You’ve got an expert in deliverability and authentication on your side. We’re working behind the scenes so your emails continue to be delivered.

Check out the resources below to help answer any questions you might have and next steps you can take.

Watch The Community AMA: Email Deliverability 

Email Authentication - What you need to know Recap

See More Top FAQs

Who do these changes impact?

Click to see more
These changes impact all bulk email senders, regardless of industry, business type, or location. It’s not limited to just Constant Contact customers.

Will these changes impact my deliverability or likelihood of my emails going to junk/spam?

Click to see more
With these changes, Google, Yahoo, and many other receiving mailbox providers will treat unauthenticated email suspiciously. But don’t worry! At Constant Contact, we believe that no email should leave our system if it doesn’t meet the authentication requirements. If you don't have your own domain to authenticate with, or just haven’t had time to get it done, we'll be rewriting your “From” email address to a shared domain we can authenticate for you to help keep your emails from landing in the junk folder.

How do I know if I already meet the new requirements?

Click to see more

If you've already self-authenticated and published a DMARC policy for your domain, you’ll see a message in your account upon login to let you know you’re all set. You can also check if you have a DMARC record using this lookup tool.

What if I don't make action on my end before changes take effect?

Click to see more

Keep calm and email on. If you don’t take action before the changes go into effect, we’ll automatically rewrite your “From” email address with our shared ccsend.com domain, which meets the DKIM and DMARC authentication requirements. For example: <carlscoffee@gmail.com> will become <carlscoffee-gmail.com@shared1.ccsend.com>

That being said, sending from your own domain and setting up self-authentication is an industry best practice and helps build your brand’s sending reputation.

What steps do I need to take?

Click to see more

What Happens if I do nothing?

Click to see more

How does this affect my contacts?

Click to see more

Will this impact my reporting?

Click to see more

How do I know if I already meet the new requirements?

Click to see more

Is there a fee for setting up self-authentication?

Click to see more

If I use multiple email addresses, do I need to self-authenticate each one?

Click to see more

I do not have an IT person. Can someone please help me?

Click to see more

Does the DMARC policy need to be set to reject when DKIM fails?

Click to see more

What type of email authentication should I use?

097_Icon_account-owner_FF502C_Orange_48x48.png

I send email from my own domain that I control

065_Icon_store_00A1FF_Cyan_48x48.png

I send from my organization's domain

010_Icon_collect-online-payments_00ADA4_Green_48x48 (1).png

I own my own domain, but not currently sending email

071_Icon_unlimited-emails_FF5BA0_Pink_48x48.png

I send from a free webmail or my local ISP provider

The best option for you will be to set up self-authentication within Constant Contact and then add the DNS records we generate for you 

Contact your IT or mail server group to enable DKIM signing for Constant Contact in your outbound email. If they can update DNS records, opt for self-authentication in Constant Contact.

Contact your IT or mail server group to set up organization domain email and enable Constant Contact to DKIM sign your email. If possible, choose self-authentication in Constant Contact.

Since you’re sending from a domain that you’re not able to set up authentication for, Constant Contact has you covered! We’re working on a process to help make sure your messages stay in compliance.

Resources

052_Icon_open-email_FF502C_Orange_48x48.png

Understanding the new email requirements: 

009_Icon_click-through_1856ED_Blue_48x48.png

Choosing the right solution for your business:

107_Icon_social-ads_00ADA4_Green_48x48.png

Steps to self-authenticate your domain:

1. Blog: How to prepare for the upcoming Google and Yahoo! Changes
  2. Help overview: Understanding Email Authentication
  3. Upcoming Changes to Google and Yahoo! Email Authentication Requirements
  1. Email Authentication Options
  2. Overview Guide: 2024 is the year of safe sending

1. Self-authenticate your emails using your own domain
  2. What is DMARC policy and why do I need one?
  3. Update your DNS Records through your hosting provider

Version history
Last update:
‎03-11-2024 09:06 AM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Contributors
Comments

Watch on-demand now, the Community Town Hall: What you need to know about Google and Yahoo's new requirements.

If you have any questions, comment below.