cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API not working

Developer

API not working

Hi there,

Once again, you have made changes to your RestAPI without letting us, the users know. Our daily email that is pushed from our website to go out to our Constant Contact list each day is no longer going out. This happens every few months, and then I spend weeks going back and forth with your customer service team looking for answers. This time, I have been sent to these forums, where I hope someone will help. Please let me know if the RestAPI has been updated, and what changes need to be made to our script in order for it to work again.

Many thanks,

Emily

3 REPLIES 3

Re: API not working

Hi Emily,

I assisted you with the last issue you ran into where the export requests were not working.  We have not changed anything with our API in any of our recent releases that would cause existing API features to knowingly stop working.  Is there a specific call that is failing now and is there a specific error message being returned?  If possible, please post as much detail as you can as to the specific error that's happening now so if there is something that was inadverantly changed, we can get it fixed. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer

There's no message. It's just that our daily email stopped going out. We have a file on our site that pushes through content for a daily email each day and it is sent out via a template to the updated CC list. The emails have not gone out since Tuesday, August 9th. We have not changed anything on our end that would affect this.

Thanks,

Emily

If I remember the flow correctly, the emails are not actually sent through Constant Contact but another service. The list of the Contacts is what is actually pulled from Constant Contact using our Bulk Activities API.  There would be an error returned by us if the Export Activity is not able to be created.

The last export I see created in your account was yesterday at 8AM.  It looks like the only one that has not gone through was today's request.  Are you having problems creating the export request or in pulling the export file?  Please note, we have not had any API changes on this API this year.  If there is a problem on our end with the API, it is not due to a planned change or feature change on our side.  In order to find out what is wrong, we'll need to be able to get the details of the problem you're seeing and replicate it on our end.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact